HPI RS4 problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI.RS4

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi i bought a brand new hpi rs4 rtr when i got it i messed around with the needles have run once but car stalled before getting to flat out and i have changed the needles back to standard has not been broken in has a rotor start system in now but is still very hard to start has a standard hpi R5 cold glow plug and is running 16% fuel please help when it does start it revs as high as it can is this normal??

First it sounds like you have an air leak. You need to seal the engine. When you are running a new engine for break in, you can make it easier to start by heating the engine with a heat gun or hair drier.

Also go through your manual and verify such things as the carb opening gap, needles set to stock, servos centered, and so forth. I use 20% in all my HPI small-blocks, so you might want to up the fuel percentage too. Generally it is best to break the car in on the fuel you intend to use all the time in it too.

HTH...
Mark

Back