Hpi rs4 nitro viper 4wd staggered wheels possible?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gt40rs4

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
A friend gifted me an old hpi rs4 nitro viper that he had collecting dust. I revived the seized engine and got it running. My plan was to turn it into a Gt40 car. I got some vintage wheels for it but my question is, can I run bigger diameter tires on the back? I’m guessing no? Which is a bummer since I was going for the scale look of the Gt40. Can I disable the belt for the front wheel drive system to be able to run the bigger tires on the back? Thanks!

Welcome in. My guess would be by removing the drive belt you will lose stability on the car. I don't care much for 2wd cars because they are harder to control. My opinion only mind you..... :)

Like this ,if you eliminate the front wheel drive ,it will spin out on take off an when braking!

Here is my Ofna Ld3 with the wider rears ,it is a common thing!

Thank you for the replies guys. Yeah I figure that’s what would happen, I wanted to put bigger tires on the back, I just ordered some tamiya wheels and tires that matched the front tires but with bigger diameter, I totally forgot that the car was 4wheel Drive. I was hoping it was not going to be a big deal. I’m not going to be racing anybody I’m just going for semi scale look. So you think the car will break if I run the bigger diameter tires on the back? The car I got is belt driven.

Thank you for the replies guys. Yeah I figure that’s what would happen, I wanted to put bigger tires on the back, I just ordered some tamiya wheels and tires that matched the front tires but with bigger diameter, I totally forgot that the car was 4wheel Drive. I was hoping it was not going to be a big deal. I’m not going to be racing anybody I’m just going for semi scale look. So you think the car will break if I run the bigger diameter tires on the back? The car I got is belt driven.

If you go bigger in diameter ,then it may tame it down some ,an you can eliminate the front wheel drive ,I had done both ,one
build ,I eliminated the front ,it was horrible to drive on take off ,but it was intended to be a shelf queen anyways so it didnt
bother me ,it was only test driven once after the build!

This one.

An this one ,It is 4x4 ,but I installed a one way spool in the front diff ,that cancelled out the front brakes ,by doing so ,
this is the end results of that!