Hpi Rs4 3rtr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joneser4u

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
with me having the 3ss, I think I got a good deal on a 3rtr for 100 bucks for my wife,the only thing it needs is a clutch and a set of tires, and a good cleaning? then I disasembled it to clean it and investagate everything and I took the head off to see the piston and sleeve of the 15fe, The top of the piston is black? completely black? the guy said he never tuned the engine? that whatever it was set from the factory was where it still was, so my question is can it hurt an engine to run it breakin, without retuning? he said he had only run like 2 quarts through it. And what is the black stuff? the engine runs good after it warms up so I'm confused? it looks like it ought to be hurt?

It is ok, it ran rich so it is fine, the black you are wondering bout is carbon build up from it running really rich.
It is fine, tune it and it will be all good and most of the black will get burned off. (not all, but most)

ummmmmm i have a ? i have a rs4 rtr3 with a os.12 cv-r engien and a cvec tuend pipe and a two speed and i was wondering if its race ready because my lhs just finshed a track and its race is this 24 so I'm kinda in a rush I'm 14 yrs old

its ready if your ready...being ready does not mean you'll win just that you can race. those older boys will have some money in their toys.

U can race. After ur first race u then can start logging down the set-ups onto u feel ur car is dialed in. Also u will know what other hop-ups u will need. So good luck!

aight thanks would my car with the stuff i said i had in it burn a ntc3 in a drag

thanks,and i say race it!

:buggy1: superstition?