HPI RS4 3 Type SS parts compatibility?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, a new transmitter will come with a new receiver. There are lots of choices for transmitters. Some good ones to look at in the budget friendly range that I see folks using are the Flysky GT3B (3 channels) or GT5 (6 channels), Radiolink RC4GS (5 channels) or RC6GS (7 channels). Also the Spektrum DX5C. I have both the Flysky Tx's and love them. If you have a fatter wallet, look at Futaba or Sanwa.

And to answer your other question... yeah, your old servos will work just fine.
Thanks! And thanks to the Amazon gods, I had a radiolink delivered today. I'll play around with everything and hopefully get wired up when I get home tonight. Will keep you all posted!

Everything is wired up and working finally! Gonna take a while to figure out this transmitter though. Things have changed a lot...it has a gyro for self stabilization? Dang. I think tomorrow may be the day to get some nitro in her and see if she still purrs.
PXL_20220830_021701471.PORTRAIT.jpg

Gotta say, I am absolutely floored. This car has literally been sitting in it's box in an unfinished basement for 17 years. All I did was add fuel 😁. I don't know if that speaks to the quality of HPI or just my luck. Servos definitely have to be tweaked, but I can't be happier right now.

For some reason I could only load a short on YouTube. More to come hopefully!