HPI RS4 2 problems.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDMPollo813

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey guys i have a hpi rs4 2 with a os18cvr with is a bump box motor. I'm having a problem with it running right now. i recnetly just put a new 1st gear spur gear and got done putting back all the crap together. i put some nitro in my tank and take it outside to run it. well, when i had it on the bump box, it started like normal. BUT when it does start it makes a PING and when the ping happens the car jump foward as if i acclerated. and it likes to cut off when this happens. anybody have any suggestions?

Sounds like it's clutch related. Check the bearing on the clutch bell, and make sure it's still in good shape and rotates freely. Also, check your clutch shoes and springs, and that there is no debris in there keeping one or more shoes from disengaging fully.

Sounds like it's clutch related. Check the bearing on the clutch bell, and make sure it's still in good shape and rotates freely. Also, check your clutch shoes and springs, and that there is no debris in there keeping one or more shoes from disengaging fully.

ok thanks dude. does anybody else have any suggestions that i can try? i might as well check different aspects all at the same time

how can you tell? wel the words are facing to the outside of the car. it says it locks counter-clockwise

how can you tell? wel the words are facing to the outside of the car. it says it locks counter-clockwise

On my car (RS4 Racer 2) I installed the HD 2 speed. And on mine, if you are holding the car with the trans facing you, when you push the tranny gears forward (towards the front of the car) it engages and drives the wheels. When you push it backward towards the rear wheels, it doesn't and is disengaged. Hope this helps man

On my car (RS4 Racer 2) I installed the HD 2 speed. And on mine, if you are holding the car with the trans facing you, when you push the tranny gears forward (towards the front of the car) it engages and drives the wheels. When you push it backward towards the rear wheels, it doesn't and is disengaged. Hope this helps man

no my car is the same way so the OWB is on right

Back