HPI Q32 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I gotta get me one of these little buggers to rip around the house with!

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/114060

hpiq32_zpse6bf3bc4.png

Interesting.... Looks like HPI brought out a competitor for the Losi Micro SCT and Rally.

Man, I got a few of those walmart, new bright, craptastic r/c for some new nieces & nephews they lasted the whole afternoon, maybe we should have considered these guys.

Well got it today. I'm disappointed. The Losi Micro T is better designed.

The rear suspension is a monoshock design and no front shocks. The losi has 4 shocks.

The wheels are made on. No wheel nuts. The tires are foam. I'm not sure how they can be replaced yet.

The body is secured with velcro not clips.

I hope it performs well. Right now i regret buying it.
19BD1CDC-F3D8-4C06-9420-52652979913B_zps5ncwqfdz.jpg

73F9BA54-C57E-4859-B0E0-5A5FA913AB5A_zps8b3hmvmu.jpg

128A5E6B-82A4-4395-B261-923E953A8076_zpsbey1tb2q.jpg

Just ran it. Its about the same speed as the losi.

I caught a hair in the front wheel that stopped it from turning. There is no way to take the wheel off. You have to pick it out with tweezers. Pita.

The shame of it is, the Losi has been out for years. You would think HPI would at least match their quality.

Thanks for the info, I probably won't waste my money on it now.

It looks cheap made. You would think being HPI it would be better. I've never been interested in the micro line but it's good to know what to stay away from. Thanks for the report.

Tonight i took it out and ran ot head to head against a stock losi ramintor. The losi is faster and quicker.

Best thing anout the q32 is the radio. 1/2 the size it has range that passes your vision. That is the only highlight. Losi out performs the hpi in every other aspect.

that pile of junk hasnt got a patch on the losi micro t, when it first came out i knew it was trash

I was excited when I saw it being advertised, I got excited- and as for the price it sounded like a nice little runaround thing on a rainy day. But to hear this, and when I saw one in person I was disappointed. I'd of though HPI would of done a better job as it does produce hobby grade R/C stuff. I suppose this is a great little thing to appeal to a 7 year old kid who'll try to break it but fail, and who'll get bored after a few days....

Interesting that this is seemingly more toy grade. I have one of the HPI micro RS4 road cars (on ebay currently) and its a decent hobby grade micro car. Wheels easily swapped, discreet esc, servo, rx, etc. Looks like they changed philosophy here!