HPI pulse 4.6 best carb settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gouldie62

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have just bought a Pulse 4.6 from eBay. I have given the buggy a good check out and have just about run it in. Does anyone know the best carb settings and what sort of top end speed should I expect ? I'm tempted to run it on the Byron fuel I have !

I have just bought a Pulse 4.6 from eBay. I have given the buggy a good check out and have just about run it in. Does anyone know the best carb settings and what sort of top end speed should I expect ? I'm tempted to run it on the Byron fuel I have !
Theres not really a "best" carb setting. The carb settings are going to change based on the tempature and humidity outside. Only thing you can do is set the carb to the factory settings and tune from there.

Hi

There is no carb settings for best performance.
You need to tune the car yourself. Start from factory settings and tune from there for your weather conditions.

Good luck

Theres not really a "best" carb setting. The carb settings are going to change based on the tempature and humidity outside. Only thing you can do is set the carb to the factory settings and tune from there.
I did reset as it was way off, just wondering if anyone had any proven settings. Typical, was just getting going with it and the fuel ran out ! Was getting better each time. The guy I bought from had only run one tank full though it, so have been patient with the last three. Time to get it sorted ! The guy had only used it once ! Got it for way under half price, like brand new. Thanks for your advice and time. Take care buddy.

Thanks for link. I have 15 rc cars but just wondering about the Hyper. Will persevere tomorrow morning with a full tank of fuel. take care.

I did reset as it was way off, just wondering if anyone had any proven settings. Typical, was just getting going with it and the fuel ran out ! Was getting better each time. The guy I bought from had only run one tank full though it, so have been patient with the last three. Time to get it sorted ! The guy had only used it once ! Got it for way under half price, like brand new. Thanks for your advice and time. Take care buddy.
So with it being used only once you say. Did you ask if the previous owner went threw the entire engine break in progress? If not you will need to start with break-in the engine. Is this your first nitro. It usually takes about 5 full tanks to break in the engine the first time. Before you can just start ripping around bashing. And would suggest a higher oil % for the break in . Then you can which to a lower oil % for bashing amd racing. I run 10% oil amd 30% nitor in my truck and buggies.

Or you can really mess up the pinch and the motor won't be running in top performance. And will have a hell of a time tunning it. And the carb setting change from day to day amd run to run.

It's all about the weather conditions. Temp, humidity, even altitude comes into the factor of the carb setting. And even what type of fuel you are running... if you got any other questions. Just post up and ask there's never a dumb question bud 👍👍

The previous owner had only run one tank, so, yes I have run the rest of the process of run in.
No, it's not my first, I have 15 others all nitro. I was just curious if there were any preferred settings.
I have had it running fine on 25% fuel, still a bit smokey but if the motor is still fresh that's fine. Can't seem to get 30% fuel here in U.K. Although I did manage to acquire a gallon of Byron fuel, that works great in my Hobao ST pro with an O.S. 3.0 engine, have managed 53mph with it !
I live near the sea, so I have to adjust carbs quite regularly. Like I said, just wondered if there were any good suggestions. Thanks for reply. Keep enjoying nitro ! Al.