HPI Nitro King, is it worth anything?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a couple HPI Nitro Kings i picked up with siezed engines, and, since I'm not into nitro at all, I'm thinking of selling the chassis as a slider. I was thinking of listing them in the $250-$300 range. Would that be too much for them? They are complete, and after doing some research online, everything seems to function, except the engine.

My hobby shop had them $125 in 2009 when they were discontinued. I can't say what they will go for as I dont know the market. I do know people impulse buy, or buy if they really need or want it.
I would say start off 300. Worse case senario, you sit on them until you drop the price or find the right person.

I didnt think there were any around as I habent seen them in years!

They were liquidated at one time due to being flawed in design and the high percentage of buyers wanting to return or be compensated.

Complete all.original i mean bodies, wheels n tires, radios. In nice condition $250 is what id expect to get for one.

Now for what you have sir, I would need to see them to give you a more accurate range of what to expect out of them.

I think your right on the money with asking $250 for your two with seized engines and condition

I might be interested once i see yours.