Hpi new low

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hpi customer service sucks plain and simple. I'd waited more than 3 weeks for shocks and a arms that came back broke from them when I sent it in in jan. Still have yet to see them from jan. I eventually got sick of waiting broke down bought new ones. First run strips trans gear. Was what I'd sent it to them for in the first place said it was just the tune. So I talked to HPI said to send it in sent it in its been there for a week today. Then today I asked how much longer of a wait time it would be & the same guy I talked to the first time says 3 more weeks, you should of just had us send you the parts.

OK what is the point of having a warranty when you send stuff back in worse shape than you sent it in? Then they wont fix the problem that you original had. After I got it back body was damaged along with scuffs hear and there rims were all chipped up. I realize that'll happen I'd like to be the one doing it though it is mine.

Anyone else have that many problems with hpi?

---------- Post added at 1:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:45 PM ----------

Alot of the scuffs look like road rash. Still haven't got it back yet gota wait 3 weeks for it to ship.

WOOO this feeds my hatred for HPI even more lol. Thats too bad to hear indeed, especially when its coming back "bashed" and potentially causing more 'down the road' harm to your rig, damn shame...

Ya I wrote them a letter and put it in with it when I sent it back in. I'm thinking I need to call and speak to someone higher up make sure the guy I'm talking to isn't just covering for someone or himself.

Ya I wrote them a letter and put it in with it when I sent it back in. I'm thinking I need to call and speak to someone higher up make sure the guy I'm talking to isn't just covering for someone or himself.

Exactly what I would do, too bad you dont have a before and after set of photos, youd be golden then if the complaint were to go as far as that.

ya i know. box was damaged in shipping and i dont see the road rash coming from that. I just had it out of break in when i sent it to them the 1st time cause it wouldnt go into 3rd gear. So they claimed damage came from that. Which road rash dont happen inside a box.

Well they just called me told me they was going to go ahead and move mine to the front of the line and they'll try to get it out today. Going to add a wheelie bar and roll cage to it. Then they're going to put the parts they owe me back on it and wheels and rims. Owed me a set of rims already got extra set of tires outa them from before. Was like well took parts I bought off because wasn't having them damaged in shippnig again or out there & I included copy of what you sent me before and what I didn't get. Still wouldn't give em great customer service though.

Just when I thought they'd fixed it...They tell me I have a new motor....after I already took it out for a run. Isn't there a sticker on there that says Hey you have a new engine you need to break it in? I mean thanks for the new motor but could of told me before didn't have a paper in the box with truck or anything. Complete BS if you ask me. What to do now???? My guess treat it like a motor that has been broke in? It only seen 3rd once but still didn't go through proper break in for it.

If I were you I wouldn't have sent it to them in the first place, let alone a second time, especially after what they did to it the first time you sent it in.

I've noticed its mixed.. some more people I've seen post on here say that HPI sent them replacement parts with out question and promptly. On the other hand I've heard people say like you that their service sucks. I have a Savage I've not had issues witch but i know i hate dealing with customer service anyways.. i just like to order my parts online and have them arrive home so i can play. i guess i just dont like to deal with waiting on phone for someone to say " ok let me transfer you "

^^ Exactly 100% agree. Plus you don't learn anything by sending it in or letting someone else do the work. I prefer to work on my rigs myself it saves me a lot of time and frustration. I'm not much of a people person and I hate talking on the telephone.

ya but free parts sounds better than paying for them. They already owed me parts from before that were on "back order" so didn't want to wait on them to send me the other parts. Oh well wont deal with hpi again.

I called HPI about screws, shims, and orings and they are sending me some for free. The CS was prompt and the lady on the other side was very knowledgable and neither of us had any communication issues ;)

+1. Broken rc's belong on the work bench. Not in the mail. From what I have read in this thread, it sounds like a $30 ebay trip and a 1/2 hour on the bench. Nobody has or ever will take any tools to my rigs.

yeah prolly wouldn't of cost much to fix on my own but not using the warranty would be like throwing money away...even though it'll end up costing me more in the long run. I wonder if hpi does that on purpose so people dont want to send there rigs in to be fixed.

Back