HPI firestorm radio problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodwoodfos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a HPI firestorm,
My problem is the car will not respond to the remote control when engine is running. It responds to the radio perfectly when the engine is not running. I have found out that when anything metal (Petrol can, Glowplug) touches the carburettor it sends the car crazy. Any ideas would be much appreciated
Many thanks

Last edited:
sounds like you may have some sort of grounding problem??

has it always done this?

i have a firestorm to and it acted kinda weired today when i was driveing at a low speed the steering would go hard right for a couple seconds all on its own but it stopped after a tank or two. maybe just radio interferance? who knows

Hpi firestorm problems

Hi there,
The car has never done this before. It was working perfectley until suddenly i had no control of the car at all. And i noticed that anything metal touching the carburettor causes the car to go crazy. The controls work fine when the engine is not running. I dont want to start it up when i have no control over it. Is it a a fault that can be corrected simply ?.
Thanks for replying.

You have a bad receiver crystal or it is loose. Push it in good, and try swapping it out.
other possibilites are a cut/knick in the antena wire.
Make sure that none of the wires in the radio box are pinched or damaged in any way.
Try new batteries if you are using alkalines. They do not last long. A 5 cell hump pack will improve the servos and receivers functions drastically.

You have a bad receiver crystal or it is loose. Push it in good, and try swapping it out.
other possibilites are a cut/knick in the antena wire.
Make sure that none of the wires in the radio box are pinched or damaged in any way.
Try new batteries if you are using alkalines. They do not last long. A 5 cell hump pack will improve the servos and receivers functions drastically.

couldent have said it better myself :]