HPI Firestorm 10T Nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior4Jesus

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Hi guys! just saw there were only a few threads about this cool little truck/buggy. This is my first HPI and my first experience with a pull start rig. So far so good, She's all broke in now and It starts excellent even when it's really really cold out. I haven't broken anything yet and it's pretty fast for being stock. I've considered putting different wheels and tires on it, going for more of an MT tread. Nothing aggressive but definitely something so I can go off roading in the snow. Any suggestions? I'm ok with changing the spur if necessary so let me know.

I'm hoping that once mine's up and running I'll be able to join in the fun!

How are you getting on with yours, did you buy different wheels / tyres?

@BurningRain , W4J hasn't been online in a few months so i don't think he will answer the questions..

There was a discussion and most off the experienced users told him he was wrong so he got mad and left..

I've just had a look back through and I imagine that he'll not return to answers questions about HPI wheels since he's upgraded to the RedCat :stick:

It looks like the rear springs for Firestorm are too short. In the pics I've noticed the ride height collars are adjusted way down and the arms are still less than level. Does anyone know of alternate rear shock springs? Or any other tips or tricks for this truck? Thanks.

I think it sits just right, I'm not sure you'd want it much higher for stability.

IMG_9124_zpsiz0nzajq.jpg

My first recommendation would be to service the dampers with a good quality oil.

I think it sits just right, I'm not sure you'd want it much higher for stability.

IMG_9124_zpsiz0nzajq.jpg

My first recommendation would be to service the dampers with a good quality oil.

IMG_9124_zpsiz0nzajq.jpg

Thanks! It's different from what I'm used to seeing but I'm sure it works good tho. I'm probably gonna pick one up when Ripmax/HPI gets them on the shelves.

Mines got a couple of winds up from max so it doesn't come off and with some 40 oil (could go 60 I guess etc) it's pretty decent landing from the air. I've not found many places locally to keep trying it yet, but had it in some woodland not long ago.

Mines got a couple of winds up from max so it doesn't come off and with some 40 oil (could go 60 I guess etc) it's pretty decent landing from the air. I've not found many places locally to keep trying it yet, but had it in some woodland not long ago.
It looks like November is earliest they're gonna be available. Likely to be starting to get cold by then and the thin stock shock fluid might be fine. I'm not a fan of running in new engines when it's cold out but I've done it a few times. Heat gun and can coozie keeps the heat in :thumbs-up:

Back