HPI Carburetor Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andres0286

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I took apart the carb on my Nitro RS4 3 SS that had nit been ran for over 10 years. Took everything off, cleaned all parts and got a new seal kit for all the gaskets. I assembled everything up and what to make sure I have set to a reasonable setup that will make the car start before I can tune it down. How far should I screw the low end needle? Does it look alright to you guys. The high end needle is all the way out and will be adjusted before running.

IMG_8495.jpeg

IMG_8493.jpeg
IMG_8494.jpeg

A good starting point for the needles is setting them flush with the top of the housing.
0.5 to 1mm gap for the throttle. I used to use a paper clip for that setting.
It should start with those settings but will be rich.

A good starting point for the needles is setting them flush with the top of the housing.
0.5 to 1mm gap for the throttle. I used to use a paper clip for that setting.
It should start with those settings but will be rich.
Ok great! Thank you! So fit a paper clip between the gap?

Yes, that will get you close.
I don't know a whole bunch about nitro but there are some
guys here that can definitely help you.

I tried to find the factory carb settings for you - but my search only found the carb settings for the original RS4 which had a different engine/carb setup than this.
I'd just trust Tunedfrog's suggestions as a starting point. HPI might have an answer for you if you shoot them an E-Mail if you're anal about that stuff .

I tried to find the factory carb settings for you - but my search only found the carb settings for the original RS4 which had a different engine/carb setup than this.
I'd just trust Tunedfrog's suggestions as a starting point. HPI might have an answer for you if you shoot them an E-Mail if you're anal about that stuff .
Thank You! Yeah, I adjusted it to the setting and Ill just tune it once I get it started. Still need to swap the bearings on the engine and put it all back together.