HPI Bullet Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok Guy's I am @ my witt's end with this truck from day 1 this truck had it's problems
1 st problem / Recever was bad got a replacment from HPI " had to wait 7 day's for new recever to come in mail from HPI

2nd problem / Installed the new recever / throttle servo goes full throttle everytime I start up engine will not return to idle

3rd problem / steering & throttle work great when truck isent running but once engine is running throttle goes full on & I can't return it to idle & have been running the truck on stand

I have decided to send the hole truck back to HPI & ask for a Firestorm or a MT I just dont know what to do other than send the truck back I can not trust running the truck on its wheels because of the Full Throttle situation

If you decide to send it back for a different rig, I would go with any of there 1/8 scale vehicles, they are pretty much bullet proof. I haven't had the best of luck with HPI's smaller scale rigs.

I would be cautious and tell hpi that you want a very current rig and not something that's on its way out like the mt2. It's a nice truck but its being phased out and that means parts will be hard to come by. If you still had the truck I would've checked for a vibration issue because it seams that there's something causing the radio gear to glitch. Just because its ready to run does not mean its actually ready to go out of the box. I've seen my baja to my ofna dm 1 spec come rtr but with the lack of loctite. Hope this helps, Steve.

I would be cautious and tell hpi that you want a very current rig and not something that's on its way out like the mt2. It's a nice truck but its being phased out and that means parts will be hard to come by. If you still had the truck I would've checked for a vibration issue because it seams that there's something causing the radio gear to glitch. Just because its ready to run does not mean its actually ready to go out of the box. I've seen my baja to my ofna dm 1 spec come rtr but with the lack of loctite. Hope this helps, Steve.

srusinek : I am going to look over the Rig today & see if I can see anything out of the norm.. My friend I bash with suggested I put a small peice of battery foam or servo tape under recever & retry engine start up & see if it still glitches.
I think I am going to try something I been thinking about

1. take recever out of truck " but keep everything hooked up " & set it on my bench & restart Rig & see what happends

But I am really upset of the problems I am having with this RIG & just think instead of giving me headakes anymore I think it's Best I contact HPI & send it back & get another RIG... I am leaning towards to requesting a MT or Firestorm Luckly I have 2 other Traxxas RIG's I can run until this Issue is resloved with HPI I will keep everyone posted

That's the right place to start. Servo tape or 3M double sided mounted tape will help as well.

UPDATE : I called up HPI today & spoke with a real nice tech guy @ HPI I explained my situation & issues with the RIG.. He looked into his records to see if any other issues are current with the BULLET & said there's NO Known problems or issues with the Bullet he knows about & he think's the Electronic Equipment " servo's - recever - wires - are picking up some SORT of interferance wile nitro engine is running " BECAUSE " this problem is happening when engine is fired up & the HPI tech said all systems WORK when engine is not running witch this is a TRUE FACT the HPI TECH suggested the following befor I send the RIG Back to HPI & the Tech thinks the problem is fixable on my own its just a matter of troubleshooting to the sorce & time

1. Check hole RIG for loose or missing screw's / hardware use a dab of threadlocker if any are found to be loose

2. Check Engine mounts for any sign of abnormal ware & properly secure to chassis & verify that NO wires are running close to engine & NO rubbing of wires is present

3. Use some sort of noise /sound dentaning materal on recever such as servo tape / battery foam & even wadded up cotton ball's glued together to recever & chassis

4. Look for possable relocation area of recever away from engine

The Tech said if I still can't solve the issue after doing the things he suggested I can send it back to HPI & said right now if I go that route I am looking for a 3-4 week turnaround befor I get my RIG back.. So I am going to try Tech's suggestions 1st after all what do I got to loose... Do any of you guys got suggestions that will help

Last edited:
After messing with this Rig all weekend & not being able to make anything work & pretty much @ square one I have decided to send the RIG back to HPI for replacment or repair I have exausted every possable solution I can think of. If anyone has this same RIG please PM me if you are experencing issues I would love to hear from you