HPI baja tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1500valk

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am currently waiting for my Baja 5b to arrive.
I have been reading that the stock tires wear pretty fast, so wondering what other tire options there are. Will the Duratrax Firehammer tires and wheels work? Or maybe one of the other 1/5 scale car tires on the market?
I am very new to this scale and cannot find any info right now. thanks!

Well I dont know about others that fit but I do know that the tires last pretty good on dirt . If you run on pavement all the time i can't see them lasting. They are really soft . Bigger would be better I think.. I've been drivin mine hard and tires are still good...Shock shafts on the other hand I've gone thru 2 front shafts already..

Well, that sucks about the shock shafts. Thanks for letting me know on the tires. I cannot wait to get mine. I am bidding on a Futaba 3pm FM radio to replace the stocker, since I don't care for 27mhz radio systems, but I know why they (companies) have to use them (at least I think I know why).

Well the one that comes with the Baja isnt too bad .. It is Fm and a three channel to boot. Not the best but your right its better than some 27mhz garbage

Edit: I just noticed its a 27 mhz band radio hahaha I thought it was in the 75mhz range...oh well time for a new one I think

Last edited:
1500valk,

To my knowledge there are no other tires out for the Baja 5B, though I'm willing to bet Proline or someone of the likes will be releasing a set for it.

-Michael

I really hope so! Thanks guys!

Panther is designing a set...

wow the baja 5b is a grand...... who would ever pay that much for a model truck... nothing against it my p ball gun was 1100 bucks

Iceman1100 said:
wow the baja 5b is a grand...... who would ever pay that much for a model truck... nothing against it my p ball gun was 1100 bucks

Alot of people..I did matter of fact I have a 5B and a monster beattle..Both over a grand.
Just like alot of us spend well over 1200 to 1400 G's on our race rigs.

ZANDOR said:
Just like alot of us spend well over 1200 to 1400 G's on our race rigs.

Holy crap! That's a lot for a race rig, 1.4 mill, that is one expensive rig! what class are you racing, winston cup? :D

NCNitro said:
Holy crap! That's a lot for a race rig, 1.4 mill, that is one expensive rig! what class are you racing, winston cup? :D

LOL OOPS..1,200 hundered to 1,400

Hell I dont spend that much..What did I spend....oh yeah 40 bucks haha

Nobody has mentioned the adapters from Crazy Nut Racing. You can use those to mount any 23mm wheel you want on the Baja.

Back