How to rewind the 2.5 P/S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok well my string got bound up in the p/s and i had to take it apart and now i can't figure out how to rewind it.

LOL...I'm guessing the spring has sprung. If so, you have your work cut out for you.

I'd actually have to see the 2.5 pull start to be able to give you a good way to accomplish the task at hand. Believe it or not, they are not too difficult to put back together. It just takes some time and patience. I rebuild pullstarts pretty often for anyone who needs it...so I am pretty quick with them.

If you absolutely have to have it now, I'd suggest dropping the $25 to get a new one. Then take your time and rebuild the sprung one. Now you have a spare in case it happens again.

Other than that, PM if you want to talk about sending it my way for a rebuild.

Buy a new one, it's a real pain to rewind. I've done it 2 times on one.

skymaxx already did it for me he said it was fairly easy and took him about 15mins to do. I believe its on its way back to me.

I've already told you this but thanks a bunch mike.

Domination said:
I've already told you this but thanks a bunch mike.

No, I didn't know you had the problem solved, hope it works out for you. Rewinding the string isn't too hard, but the spring is a pain. That's what I was referring to.

Last edited:
no i wasn't talking to you on the second comment that was directed towards SKY thats why i said mike unless thats your name too LOL

NP, my name is Matt, but I get called Mike all the time. Later.

LOL...No worries. G8RMaxx is right, pull starts can be a pain. As I said in my PMs and in several threads, I have some experience in dealing with them.

Your P/S is in the mail. You should see it early next week.

Hey SkyMaxx...have you ever done an OFNA 8 port pullstart? Back when I had mine, it unwound on me and I couldn't figure out how to get it back on. I ended up buying a new one...Same with my Truckzilla pullstart.

I have rebuilt just about every brand of pull start. The Ofna 8 Hyper .21 8-port is one I have had to rebuild a couple of times. PM me if you want me to work them for you.

Then why mention it?

I'm just curious cuz it seemed impossible for me to figure it out.

Sorry to hear that. I have had great success rebuilding, field repairing, and fixing just about everyy kind of pull start, regardless of the problem (broken spring, broken line, etc.)

Sorry to hear that. I have had great success rebuilding, field repairing, and fixing just about everyy kind of pull start, regardless of the problem (broken spring, broken line, etc.)

Hey Sky,

In all your experience with pull starts have you found any ways to make the recoil spring stronger?

WOOT WOOT DUSTY OLD THREAD ALERT!

I don't think you can make the springs any stronger than they already are.

If yours broke and it broke near one of the ends of the spring you should be able to bend it into another hook that'll attach to the spool.

Wouldn't making it shorter also make it stronger (more recoil tension), you're going to need to wind the spring further to make the same connection you would with a full length spring.

You can make them as tight as you need them without mods. Just get the spring and spool in place and wrap the excess rope around the spool. Real simple once you get 'er a couple times.