how to determine what clutch bells are compatible with the revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I have used savage bells on my bb revos ,I guess as long as they are .1 mod you should be ok.

Personally, I have used clutch bells for 1/8 buggies and they have worked well.

I have run from 13t to 23t without issue on the stock 2 shoe clutch. I then upgraded to a3 shoe clutch for a buggy and no issues with that either.

haha yeh that's what i was trying to say , the savage bells will only work on bb engines unless you can get a bb clutch on a sb like a 3.3

hmmm i just ordered this one, i wanted one that is deeper/longer than stock clutch bell because the clutch shoes on my buku clutch keep sliding forward hitting the face of the clutch bell. I will have to slide the transmission forward some in order to make room for it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLST6&P=Z
Why do these clutch bells have to be used with bb clutch, is it the larger diameter of the clutch bell?

on the last bb revo I built I used a savage clutch kit and used a 17t hardened savage bell ,I assume that because the bb clutch is bigger is why you need a different bell ,what scale clutch do have on there atm?

TBH, you really only have 5mm wiggle room to move the trans forwards on a 3.3 Revo, unless you are considering opening the trans slot a little bit at the forwards end. There is no way to slide / move the engine backwards either as the starter would foul the rear upper arm on the engine side of the rig.

You will also need to consider whether moving the trans forwards will effect the centre CVD's and if that will then mean having to source slightly longer one for the rear and a slightly shorrter one for the front.

the clutch I'm using is the buku cluch with 40mm flywheel and bbk shoes. I got everything to fit.
For some reason the bearings seem to be slightly loose that fit inside the clutchbell that i linked above, I'm using 5X10mm bearings.

Back