How to adjust 8.0 shift points?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cantlive4ever

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What steps to adjust my shift point on my 8.0 (earlier shift point) My truck loves first gear rarely shifts to second and trying to fine tune it. Thanks for the info in advance

I've found that the factory setting of 3.75 turns out is the perfect setting. The procedures for adjusting your tranny are in the manual or online. Going in would shift sooner and turning out would shift later. I would make sure your slipper is tight enough before you adjust the tranny. If you adjust the wrong screw, you could make the tranny not engage and would have to pull the tranny out to fix it. I had a similar issue with mine and it was the slipper all along. Hope this helps, Steve.

Mine seems not to want to shift into second will stay in first and rev really high so I am going to adjust it and try from there maybe check to see if its at 3.75 thanks for the reply

Are you sure your tune is solid? I've had times where I would richen mine up when cold because she didnt like to shift. Once warm I would lean out a little and problem solved. Just a thought