How Much is a Traxxas TRX .15 Pro Parts Engine Worth?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booins

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is more of an opinion question, but what is a fair price for a Traxxas TRX .15 Pro parts engine. Assuming this engine has bad compression, no carb and no starting system. Anyone's opinion will be appreciated.
Thanks.

I hate to be the bad guy here, but... not a helluva lot. A brand new engine is about $75 from Tower. You can most likely get it for half that on eBay. So... $20 if you're lucky. Like I said, I hate to be the low baller, but that's my :2cents:
:deadhorse

The parts to get it running, assuming you could would outweigh the cost of buying a new one I reckon. For that reason it's only going to be useful to someone that already has one and could use it as a donor.

Thanks guys.. For bring me into reality. :D

No worries, the spares off it might be useful to someone but I'd expect people tend to break the same bits.

If you found out what was wrong with it at least you'd know which bits were still saleable / re-useable.

Pretty much nothing, take out the piston and rod and make yourself a cool key chain.
I love the idea :hehe:. Definitely something I am going to do with it!!

Unless it looks like this the piston / rod from my engine then you could just end up putting holes in stuff

IMG_9190_zpssbmrpuuv.jpg

The only time I've seen a rod/piston break like that is from a run-away that went turtle and stayed wide open and blew before the driver could get here to shut it off.

Well when I got the car they hadn't setup the failsafe so it's a possibility it got out of range and that happened or the piston got stuck in the sleeve but it'd have to have been pretty wedged!

This is a great engine to practice your "do it yourself mod skills". I did it, it lasted about an hour with definite performance gains....then it expired :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about that particular engine but I believe traxxas offers a 'send in your old motor for a discounted new motor' type swap (think it applies to upgrading too) May be a good option for you too, depending on what your plans are.