How many windows do you have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srusinek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just trying to see how many people have more than the front window cut open on their mgt? Right now its just the front window that's cut open and I'm contemplating cutting the engine side window open as well but I don't want to lose toughness of the body. My engine is sealed and my temps are around 250 or so. Trying to lean it a bit more for more power but I can't keep my temps around 250 if i lean it out more. As always thanks in advance, Steve.

I got half the front window on my 72 Chevy body cut and it keeps it around the 260 mark

Sent from my smartass phone

It depends on the body you run as well. If you run something that has plenty of
"openness"(New word!!:)) than you will have a better airflow going by the motor as opposed to running a "tight" fitting body to the chassis which will restrict airflow. Myself I typically run with the motor, gastank, and pullstart area cut out. This allows a ton of the motor to be exposed to the fresh air and the bodies I typically run get plenty of flow from under the front bumper. Every motor runs differently but I typically run around 275ish with no problems. http://m1147.photobucket.com/albumv...AU5WTwwl/Y/NC7QETwYb3iMPCj+OUvqLFzLkdcumIPls= You can see the "bed" is cut open pretty good but at the same time it allows for easy refueling, airfilter access, and carb adjustments.

I'm running the stock body for now since the 8.0 to my knowledge doesn't have many options. The front is cut open and there's an opening in the rear for the engine.

When I first had my stock body for the 4.6 I cut the front bumper area off to help with more air flow along with the window cutout. At the end of the day you can cutout whatever you want. Just be careful you dont weaken the body too much and trash it by over cutting.

Has anyone ever tried to liquid cool their engien. My boat has a liquid cooling head but a contiues flow of fresh water. If a small tank and water pump was mouted would you get be able to run leaner and keep the temps down.

Right now there is a topic on the liquid cooling, I forget where? Possibly the general rc area,

Sent from my smartass phone

I cut scoops in my bodies and sometimes cut the wheelwell back a little to scoop air. I don't like holes in the windshield.

I've got the entire front and back windshield cut out and bottom half of front end and back end trimmed as well. Plenty of airflow to my revo engine. Like the way it looks too.
View attachment 11532

Last edited:
I haven't done any cutting on my mgt 8.0 stock body. The only hole is around the engine in the back! I got 'er tuned to hold around 230-250 deg. Running awesome & pulling wheelies 'til there's no end (out of fuel), lol!!!

Back