How many running the original .15 w/ updated motors out there.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRVMUSTANGS

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey all, thought I would start out my time here by starting a thread. I am curious to know how many of you have or have been running the original .15 chassis ? Also who have updated those chassis to a 3.3 motor ? I have just recently got back in and did the exchange of the motor. ;)

Hey bud welcome to the site . I'm runnin a 1.5 chassis with the 2.5r transmission . The 3.3 trx engine . Wider rpm's arms and thick rpm axles . And goes like stink lol . Wat setup you running on your rig .

The maxx I have now (I'm the original owner), started life as an original Maxx, but over the years very little of it has remained original. It is still stock width though, only with RPM stablemaxx wheels. Chassis is original length, but it is now a Racers Edge Chassis, and racers edge chassis rails. All arms are original length, but have all been replaced with RPM. Plus many, many other upgrades.

I will have to update the photos I posted they are a couple of months old. I just did a new body. Its a HPI Bronco body. Most all suspension has been changed. GH, RPM, Lunsford and a few others. One item that seems not many people have are the Titanium Skids I have. They are bullet proof and spark AWESOME on high speed impacts :hehe:. I still have the original trans. Have never blown it up or have had too tune. Has been flawless since purchase. I will post pictures later w/ new body.

Did you have to modify much for the Hpi body ? I'm in dia need of a new one . Titanium skids how much were they ?

Man, I got those titaniums 5 years back. I have no idea anymore. I'll tell you when I first started to build it. It was for stump smashing and tree slappin. We have nothing but oak trees and pines in my neck of the woods. The HPI body looks sweet. No major trimming to speak of at all. Only time I did was trying to keep it as low as possible to the chassis.

Yer i hate it wen they sit too high . I bet nothings got past them skids have they . Wen you gunna upload some pics .

I have the 4mm Racers Edge front and rear titanium skids on mine as well, been on there for years and still look great. Nothing at all like the cheap aluminum ones that get beat, bent, and broken quickly.

I could not even remember the name on them. They are awesome ! I have beaten them with no mercy and they keep taking it. will have to be tonight hopfully on pictures at work screwing around.:hehe:

Last edited:
I have the classic chassis and a 3.3 and I love it!!!!!! I dropped mine down and have alittle smaller tire on it (not sure the make or size gottem used). The tmaxx with the green in it in my picture. deffinetly a big diefference from the new 3.3 model I have both and for speed i would say the classic but for bashing i still prefer my 3.3 its bigger and alittle wider.... I love'm both and would never trade for an hpi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't run it much any more but my son and I have one with an HPI .18 engine on it. A few upgrades and we are using the RC Solutions spring steel skids.