how many maxx's do you have?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How many maxx's do you have? I ask based on I might go check out another 2.5 maxx. Has extra tires and looks to be a 2.5r motor. I would be the 3rd owner. It has the older electronics and price is 150.00. It is a 25 min drive there then another 25 min or so back. I am kinda torn my maxx is a mix match of parts and I have a lot of money in to it. I can get a link if that helps

Is always good to have a back up. I currently have twelve. Three of them are builds in progress, one is a flipper I'm selling.

http://albany.craigslist.org/tag/4307318553.html
I might go check out this 2.5 maxx. I need tires he has a spare set but he will not budge on price. I told him I will watch temps and make sure it can handke 220 deg or more. I was honest I said look I will go over the truck. For a damn near 30 min ride I am making sure its more then a roller, I guess having a roller/part truck is good. I want to spend 140 he wants 150. I have to factor gas in, he will not cover my gas. I know 150 is good but its a mix match.

3, sold off enough parts recently to build a couple rollers

No disrespect here, but when you buy something from the hobby shop do they factor in gas and reduce the price based on that?

It's only $10 if you want it that shouldn't matter. They only time I ever factored in gas for a used rc was when the seller drove 45 minutes each way to deliver it, and I gave him $10 cause he really went out of his way. He seemed pretty surprised and happy when I did too.

No disrespect here, but when you buy something from the hobby shop do they factor in gas and reduce the price based on that?

It's only $10 if you want it that shouldn't matter. They only time I ever factored in gas for a used rc was when the seller drove 45 minutes each way to deliver it, and I gave him $10 cause he really went out of his way. He seemed pretty surprised and happy when I did too.

Far trip for me, he has fuel and wants to get top dollar. I wqnt the best deal and he did not want me to bring my tools. It starts I pay and leave,, this case I have to assume the motor is shot and go by what I can see. Old electronics, mix match maxx and some nice tiers and a 4.00 glow starter he is throwing, the 10.00 I want off is to cover my gas or he can throw in a quart of 20%. He said he has bottles of it. Idk

14 Maxxes? Hulk, you're a rockstar.

Give it a few days and he will build another one, lol

i just picked up a like new t-maxx for 300 bucks,there wasn't even any oil residue on the chassis, i think they ran 1 tank thru it. i also have an older one that i turned into a three axle truck, i cut one chassis in half and mounted it with some aluminum u channel and bars. i put a picco max engine in it and it is a blast! i have an hpi gto body sitting on it, looks as sick as it goes!!! never wanted a maxx but i strayed,lol:D

i just picked up a like new t-maxx for 300 bucks,there wasn't even any oil residue on the chassis, i think they ran 1 tank thru it. i also have an older one that i turned into a three axle truck, i cut one chassis in half and mounted it with some aluminum u channel and bars. i put a picco max engine in it and it is a blast! i have an hpi gto body sitting on it, looks as sick as it goes!!! never wanted a maxx but i strayed,lol:D

You from Li i see, i lived in middle island for years. I use to go to the few bashing spots around town.

the bashing spots are turning into construction sites one by one but there are still a few out there!! me,i would love to move to tennessee or north carolina, but the family isn't ready...yet.:D

Back