How do you change the pwm rate of a castle esc?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC MAN

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was bashing around with my newly upgraded rc car today and the temp of the motor was a bit higher than i wanted it and the mamba monster x 8s was stone cold so i was wondering how i can change the pwm rate of it.

At this point it has no cooling on the motor, and yes i will slap a few fans on it but it’s a really big can size motor (36x84) plus it’s only a 3080kv running on 3s and it gets warm with no load and gets hot with not too much load which i don’t think is normal so i thought changing the pwm rate might make the motor more happy😃 . I would love to hear how you change the pwm rate and any other ideas why it’s getting so hot with little to not much load.

Cheers,

you dont change pwm rate thats set.. try reducing gearing to cool motor along with esc punch rate

Pulse-width modulation (aka pwm) is what we're talking about, correct?

OP's question sent me to Wikipedia before finishing morning coffee. Nothing better than a bit of research first thing in the morning. Wakes the brain up.

^^ Thanks, guys, for the Q&A ^^ Cheers. 'AC'

you dont change pwm rate thats set.. try reducing gearing to cool motor along with esc punch rate
ok, will do😀
Pulse-width modulation (aka pwm) is what we're talking about, correct?

OP's question sent me to Wikipedia before finishing morning coffee. Nothing better than a bit of research first thing in the morning. Wakes the brain up.

^^ Thanks, guys, for the Q&A ^^ Cheers. 'AC'
Yep, that’s what i was talking about😀

Back