Hovercraft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by bmoc2008
I guess I know nitromaniac has me on his ignore list.

I thought every body did!

No I believe it is just a limited few, and to let everybody know I have worked it out with Nitroaddict

Originally posted by Candyman
Have you been to this site yet?
Yes I have but It didn't help me much, although thank you candman for helping me.

i still say to use a nitro engine for lift and an electric one for thrust, easier to use that way cause you wont have to stop the nitro engine

Yea thats what I am thinking it but how would I mount it? Also how could I tune it while running? I was thinking on having it slide in and out of a shaft for easy access.

Can anyone tell me what I can make it out of and where I can get some powerful motors to lift it I am not to worried about thrust as much as lift right now.

hey there bmoc, if u are still working on that hvercraft, then pm me. I've built some hovercrafts before, any questions u have, just ask. neways, when u r looking for an engine for the <b>lift</b> motor, you dont need a lot of power, you need <b>rpm's</b>. The higher the rpms, the better! you could probly get away with a .12 lift motor. Another important factor is the lift propeller, experiment with different props, some may work 10x better (and I'm not exaggerating). old computer fans are very useful and valuable in this project.

Last edited: