Hot Racing aluminum 3 shoe clutch and flywheel upgrade/ carb issue and question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy t

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
busted the factory clutch up some how so i went with hot racing's aluminum flywheel and 3 shoe upgrade (for my 3.3 revo) i see a noticeable improvement in acceleration. and my steel spur gear is on the way. my only concern is why i have to clean out my carb every tank or so for it to run... I'm tempted to just go with the losi 3.4 instead of the trx factory..any bad ideas in my plan?

I am going to replace all my TRX carbs with Losi 3.4's. easier to set.

go for the 3.4 and never look back.

I didn't get along with the hot racing 3 shoe at all,...steel spurs aren't the best idea either, but if your stuck on using it your gunna need a hardened cb......so what's the question about the 3.4, are you wanting to just use the carb or the engine?...either way just using the carb is a good upgrade, the engine itself is also better

thanks for the feedback and i believe I'm going to hold out on my 3.3 and go with just the carb. its got great compression still and really doesn't have many tanks on it at all so i dont see the need for the engine... yet. and i got the hardened cb by tekno on the way and i did away with reverse the right way. as for the steel spur gear... I'm just prepping for dooms day bc nothing ever seems to go wrong with the truck unless I'm unnecessarily hard... or i open my mouth and say it wont break. either way i can only figure something will bust eventually

I didn't have much luck with the Hot racing clutch either hotrod alum was kinda soft and I didn't care for the springs that came with mine they broke after about a gallon. Best alum clutch in a three shoe I have tried for the cheapest price has been the Integy 7075 clutch. Going on 3 gallons with mine on a Picco maxx engine no issues at all.

Do they actually use 7075 for the shoes hulk?

They must Hotrod I think it's the only thing Integy makes that's woth a crap. Although my shock towers have been holding up pretty well so far. Some of Integy's newer stuff is a little better. I have several buds running those clutch's and none have had any issue's from them at all. I am running them on a Mod Lrp.30x and I absolutely wouldn't run any other clutch they perform the best that I have tried.

I think I just saw a pig fly by my house

LOL! I know man everyone hates Integy. I have tried HR clutch's including there bi directional clutch didn't like any of them.

while I haven't tried the other clutches I would recommend the strc 3 shoe kit ,works great and is quite cheap also

STRC hum I'll look into them. Going to be putting an Ofna .28 maxx in a old #4910 maxx. Need a good aluminum clutch that will hold.

I ordered 2 integy clutch kits in the past for both my Jatos and both trucks would creep alot, i think the springs were too weak sometimes the trucks would stall once i put them on the ground similar to a broken clutch spring,ended up going with the hot racing 3 shoe kit and a mip 2 shoe adjustable kit

I haven't had this issue with my Integy clutch's but you never know. MIP males a good clutch I have no complaints with them. The Hot racing clutch's just didn't last long enough for me. I am currently running an Integy clutch on both of my Picco's they have held up extremely well.

Back