hot nasty bad a** speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:angry:hey guys I'm wondering where I can get a rebuild kit or kits for my hot bodies shocks...its about time for a re-build

all I remember about the shocks is that the are hot bodies aluminum shocks, by HPI for the savage x

Also while we here, has anyone tried the inovative R/C shocks the V2s....

I want to order a set for one of my savages.....or 2 sets I think they come in a package of 4.

I've been eyeballing the IRC shocks too bud, I'm just not ready to drop two bills for a set of them lol. I got my tvp's, mid tank kit and lst shock mount kit from him but still I havent placed an order for his shocks yet...

---------- Post added at 5:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:58 AM ----------

Ooh yea u only need one set, it's a single shock set up. They're HUGE!!!

how can i get my savage x to sit lower....i have the HPI lower CG kit, 40 serise bow-ties

Grab some hellfire shocks if you can find them. There the same size as the savage bigbores just shorter. You could also cut your shock towers or mount the shocks lower on the tower. I run flux xs shocks on my savage

null_zps3c568d06.jpg

null_zpse8002c72.jpg

That's nice and low......how fast does it go, that's what I'm after only I'd like to use an R/C solutions roll cage

I notice you don't have any front dogbones.....are you tearing up diffs

What kind of engine is that.

---------- Post added at 7:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:06 PM ----------

What are you using for shock tower mounts?

How fast, 74.9mph
Front axles, I chose to take them out
Motor, it's an ERCM Picco 28 with a cut down F4.6 cooling head
The shock towers are stock but I cut them down and I use a inch long M3 bolt and some fuel tubing to mount them to the towers.

That's also a really trick servo horn and kit for thr throttle, what are they from

You should put some spacers on your shocks, do they rub on your upper A-arms......do spacers hamper the ability of a shocks

I wonder if the people at GPM hobbies will make me a custom shock tower mount that's low like yours, I'd like to use innovative R/C shocks the V2s.....they're on the way (I so want to camp outside the postoffice waiting for them

No they don't rub, there really isn't much travel in them anyways, I've got them vey stiff. I'm sure you could ask gpm or rc monster if they could make a set. Be excepted to pay tho, a lot more than a normal set of alloy towers.

The servo horn is a robotronics and they can be found at amainhobbies.com

Sweet, I want to use my V2s for this low slung build, do you know anywhere that makes longer upper and lower A-arms, ones that I can buy and not have tailored.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

What about sway bars I have the HPI kit, is there something I can look for that is stronger

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Are the zip ties like sway bars?

Anyone have a handle on what's the longest, strongest TVPs.....looking for a maker

FLM and Kershawdesigns make extended A arms for the savage. I would chose the flm ones but there pricey and add alot of weight. Well both kits would. Some very strong and nice tvps would also be from FLM. Great price and they look awesome. Buy them from rcmonster.com.

You can't really use the hpi sway bar kit with the rpm a arms without drilling holes for it. Stock yes obviously. It's a nice addition to making the handling better but a lower savage will handle better without IMO. No the zip ties are not sway bars or such. They used to keep my springs from disappearing when I crash. The suspension is my weak link on my truck but its kinda on purpose. At my speeds its better to have a weak link that's cheap and easy to fix rather than a big expensive fix.

Thanks bud your always giving me something interesting to consider, my build is going to be mostly alloy, I'd just like it to do 50-55mph.... on the outside 60mph, with the weight I'm adding I hope that's not too much of a stretch.

I really appreciate the research info.

What's a good road tire if you don't mind me asking, I like the ones in you pic.

Have you done any modding to the drivetrain, one build I've seen a guy used CEN diffs with CEN pinions....the CEN diffs looked a bit larger than the HPIs.

Are you using any different gears in the transmission case?

Ok I see the FLM extended a-arms are aluminum, I like that alot

But the kershawdesigns ones are nylon which has got to be lighter, but the FLM are a better price, they both look like they have enough holes for some type of sway bar set up.

Decision decisions!

If you want to go that fast, what motor options are you looking at? Also have you considered the ERCM pipe?

---------- Post added at 8:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:50 AM ----------

The flux/xl machined BP diffs are stronger than the CEN diffs

I tried to order a pair of PICCO .28s, the link you gave me says they're outta stock right now, I was going to have them sent directly to ERCM, for the extreme mod and pipes to go with.
Alright I'll have a look at the flux-xl bp diffs, I built mine from HPI internal gears, golden horizons aluminum diff cups, HPI HD out put cups, HPI washers/shims, I used stock HPI bearings...but I'm kinda looking for aftermarket ones

Ok you told me I could try hellfire shocks to get the ride height down, do you know how tall 1/10 RS4-S shocks are, there a pic on one of the eBay pages I'm looking at right now.

---------- Post added at 8:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:24 PM ----------

Are PICCO .28s and BOOST .28s, really the same engine just re-badged?

Ok you told me I could try hellfire shocks to get the ride height down, do you know how tall 1/10 RS4-S shocks are, there a pic on one of the eBay pages I'm looking at right now.

---------- Post added at 8:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:24 PM ----------

Are PICCO .28s and BOOST .28s, really the same engine just re-badged?

Yes the Picco boost is the same as the Picco 28. Just with a turbo head and longer carb needles.

I run the flux xs shocks which are 104mm. Idk how long the rs4 shocks are. The flux xs shocks are the same as the blitz and maybe the MT2

Turbo head just takes a turbo plug, picco is probably trying to streamline things so they probably just tossed the regular head button...

Back