Hot Bodies Ve8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
67535.jpg

http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/kits/en/67535/

I will be dumping the last of my nitros and all the support equipment like the starter box and break-in stand that goes with them to build up a Ve8 for next season.

PISS ON NITRO!

The 5th scale track I race at also has a very nice 8th scale track.

I have been wanting an electric buggy or truggy for some time. I don't like the conversions or the offerings by the various manufactures that are basically pre-built conversions. The Ve8 has a purpose built chassis which is nice. I really like the fact I can use a servo to actuate mechanical brakes so I can dial in front/rear bias.

I already picked up the Mamba Monster 2650 that will be going in it. Going to be adding the aluminum hubs, spindles, carriers and front/rear skids along with some other aluminum bits to lighten the rig a little. Hitec 7950TH for steering and a 7940TH for brakes. Haven't decided whether I will use a 3S lipo or go over the top with a 4S.

Build thread will be created once I get the kit and the aluminum bits are available.

Gotta get busy on feebay to fund this rig.

004.jpg

My LHS got them in a couple months ago...they are super sweet! I can get them now...are they available in the states yet?

Yes they are.

I can get my hands on one for $260 shipped.

Sweet that is a pretty good price. They are about the same here....maybe a bit more just because it is here. I can't wait to actually see on in action.

feebay has been kind to me so I have now ordered the kit.

I am going to hold off on ordering the Lipo until I see how much room is under the body.

Still have not come to a definite decision on the servos other than they will be Hitec.

Decided on a 7940TH steering for the speed and a 7955TG for brakes for the torque (and I have one laying around).

Both will be running on 6V.

Kit is on the way. Mamba Monster arrived yesterday.

Going with AKA I-Beam's for shoes. I will be running on a loamy track mostly.

Pics to come.

pics yet ?

my wife wants a 1/8 buggy, i'm leaning towards getting her the RC8e (and of course a matching RC8Te for myself :D ) i thought the Ve8 was a good choice too. i'm not 100% on the RC8e yet, and i guess i'm lookin' for something to change my mind.. that isn't a 700 dollar roller :p:

I can take a pic of the box.

My wife intercepted the package and proclaimed it was now an XMas gift and I can't have it until then. LMAO

I wasn't even allowed to open the box and get the manual and measure the battery compartment.

If the 4x4 Slash I ordered shows up before XMas, I will be allowed to do a swap though and tear into the VE8 before XMas. I doubt it will show up though.

Last edited:
Lol that's harsh dude. :hehe:

Untill I see some real electric 1/8 class being started up over here, I'm sticking with nitro. There's no point for me in running a car without a class to race in. Besides I love all the tuning aspects of nitro, even when it's like banging you head in to a wall. :)

I saw one run this weekend the guy was running two 3s packs and he ended up exploding a tire....it was pretty impressive.

I can take a pic of the box.

My wife intercepted the package and proclaimed it was now an XMas gift and I can't have it until then. LMAO

I wasn't even allowed to open the box and get the manual and measure the battery compartment.

If the 4x4 Slash I ordered shows up before XMas, I will be allowed to do a swap though and tear into the VE8 before XMas. I doubt it will show up though.

LOL, that's a riot. but a good word of warning, i think i'll have my stuff here out shipped to work. ;)

I really like the fact I can use a servo to actuate mechanical brakes so I can dial in front/rear bias.

As do I. I assume you completely disable reverse on the ESC programming and just hook up the ESC to the Rx with a Y-harness? Forward movement on the brake servo would see little current draw due to no restriction.

Not sure that would work due to the forward movement. Sounds like it should and I will give it a try since I have a splitter.

I read someplace you plug the brake servo into the 3rd channel and it gets actuated using the mixing function in the transmitter.

IF you have a Tx with mix functions. Right, no problem. There would be no problem if it had to be done the way I mentioned for somebody without a mixing radio. Theoretically, the Rx and Servo would both get the same signals; the receiver would nix the reverse signals and the servo would get everything. The forward movement on the servo would do nothing just as it does nothing on a nitro buggy.

I assume you mean the ESC will nix the reverse signals and not the receiver.

As I said, I will give it a try and see if it works. I don't see any reason why it won't thinking about it. I have been out of Nitro a long time now.

Since I do have a TX with mixing functions, that is the route I will actually take. I don't want to waste any juice on a servo being actuated doing nothing if I don't have to.

The battery for this rig has been ordered. Going with a MaxAmps 5250 60C 4S hardcase pack. I was looking at the 6500, but it is 7/16" taller and a 3rd heavier. This pack will be pulling double duty as it will also be powering my ST-RR brushless truggy.

Back