Hot Bodies Savage shocks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, I'm from the uk and alot of people say good things about the hb shocks. they a decent price aswell. i have these on my sav-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34063&item=5937041485&rd=1 they seem good and they a good price too. :)

Last edited:
Its all in the name I think, HPI pretty much is the same as Hot Bodies. I just thought I'd make sure that these shocks (HB ones) weren't cheap for a bad reason. They look fine to me.

Thanks gunit for the link. :cheers:

i had a set and the spring binded on the shock body and drove me crazy,so i gave them away,another member had some and blew out 6 of them in a single bash session,but there are others that have had a better experiances but for me i wouldnt recommend them..

Well I wont be doing very hard bashing, a few jumps here and there, but I mainly just want the adjustability and looks of threaded shocks at a good price.

another thing i noticed when i had mine was i had to tread the collar all the way down to get a decent ride height...

That was probably becasue the springs it comes with are soft, I might have to use the pruple SS ones so I don't have to do that.

AC48 said:
That was probably becasue the springs it comes with are soft, I might have to use the pruple SS ones so I don't have to do that.

Springs are soft AND longer. The SS springs will still have slack with the "screw" as low as it goes. As for strength, I blew out 4 after a few large jumps. I put the stock ones on, bought a full set on ebay for ~$20+ and I have yet to have a problem. Running purple and green HPI springs at each corner.

Well I'm getting them for christmas (already bought them) so we'll see how they hold up for me. I'm gunna hold on to the stockers just in case though.

I have the Hot Bodies shocks and I am running stock HPI shock shafts on the and they seem to be working fine for now. I am running stock black 25rtr springs with a custom limiting system. truck works great this way

Back