Hot Bodies Nitro Engine Boost

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvickj

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
I was looking for a completely unrelated Hot Bodies product and I found this on their site.

Hot Bodies Nitro Engine Boost

If I was trying to extend the life of a worn engine I think I would just skip this and get the sleeve pinched. <shrugs>

I do not think that would work.If it reconditions the sleeve then i think it will mess up the ports and the carb by clogging them.

Is that like the "Restore" for 1:1 cars?
My problem with these products is why do theyseel it for worn out engines? If it works the way they say it works, why doesn't anyone advertise it for newer engines to raise compression and get more power? I think all it is is an octaine booster of sorts to make you think it is helping for a minute untill the motor finally takes a $hit. Just my .02 its a scam!

Slick 50, pro whatever, it's just a little bit of a gimmick. Might add a few tanks to the life of your engine but it's not going to make rebuilding a thing of the past.

Hey check out [email protected] ...I saw an article in one of the magazines a while back. He supposedly found some way to squeeze sleeves to tighten them up. I've never dealt with him personally, but I've talked with some that have, and they liked the results...I still have the email from him answering my questions...I'll forward to any of you, if interested.

Originally posted by Russ Winn
Hey check out [email protected] ...I saw an article in one of the magazines a while back. He supposedly found some way to squeeze sleeves to tighten them up. I've never dealt with him personally, but I've talked with some that have, and they liked the results...I still have the email from him answering my questions...I'll forward to any of you, if interested.

i just sent a totally worn out wasp .18 piston and sleeve to them. i could push the piston all the way through the sleeve. for $12, i will try it. i will let u guys know how the piston and sleeve looks once i get it back and how it performs.

later

Back