Honcho to XJ almost done.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syphon68

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have been rollin the Honcho for awhile now and felt it was time to change. My styrene body project was taking too long so I thought I would put together a cherokee, I got the idea while wheeling a friends 1:1 last week.

Got the interior painted seemed to be a fairly sturdy piece.
IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

My paint skills suck but clean enough for me. I still have to find a figure to go in there and possibly cut the window out. interior is gunmetal w/ red seats
IMG_0128.jpg

I still have allot to do but it is getting there. It is a real light coat of translucent red backed with black.
IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

I still have to mount this RPM light bar
IMG_0134.jpg

Now I have to figure out the bumpers any thoughts I need to mount my winch tail lights and at least 2 floods up front?

I was thinking something like this in the back so I can carry a spare and a jerry can but I am not sure about the front
DSC_1437.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment the next one will definately get the steel treatment, I kinda cheated on this one but I had to check out the PL interior and life gets in the way sometimes:). with the rok lox I think I am going to take the bottom 1/4" off the front and rear of the body to give the tires some clearance plus you shouldn't see it much once the bumpers are on. It's already sitting higher than stock because I am using tmaxx shocks with Losi springs and they worked great on the longer WB honcho so we will see.

btw
integy 35t
waterproofed mamba max
3s 6400 lipo
Spektrum DX3e
pede driveshafts

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

I am thinking the bottom 1/4" here has to go....

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

I have time tonight to button it up before I go scratch it up tomorrow on it's maiden voyage.

you wanted some scaleing shots, there are some at the beginning of this video the rest is just us playing at the track, notice the red 1:1 inspiration cherokee that we were dragging the track with:)

Last edited by a moderator:
a little update, I braised together a simple front bumper and skid plate for it but I still need to clean it up. I took it out to beat on it a bit today and had some fun. The front clearance is awsome now so I guess I need to CMS so you can't see the servo but I can't stand doing anything that would hurt performance at all:\

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0161-1.jpg

Looks like someones getting hot and heavy in that rig :hehe:

:) I drove it into the Wilamette river up to it's roof rack then the sun hit it.... should had Barbie in the back:D

got a little time to work on it today and got some lights in it.

Had an RPM light bar laying around so I trimmed it a bit and got it mocked up
IMG_0162.jpg

the brackets went in the oven @ 300 to get them pliable and then I bent them at 90 deg to get dipped in cold water. they seemed super strong and should hold up. I still need to take it apart and paint it though.
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Next up is finding a suitable replacement for this ugly ass front bumper experiment and figureing out the back bumper / tire carrier as well:D

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Back