Holy cow!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bashmaster

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
big jump, landed and did not move, not freerolled to a stop, DID NOT move. the engine revved up to half throttle and stayed there

by the time i got the top off and saw what had happened....

the throttle linkage had caught in the spur gear upon landing and made it so that the truck didnt move, and held the carb open to about 3/4 throttle...NOT GOOD. it at up my BRAND NEW mip clutch shoes and the cltuch bell go so hot that it melted the spur gear where it was touching the CB. it was crazy.. is that a thing that happens offten? the linkages falls into the spur gear because of its weight and inersia (the truck stops moving downward before the throttle linkage)

don't wait to take off the lid next time. In a situation like that, just plug the exhaust hole to kill it right away. As far as the linkage, maybe the ballcup wasn't properly seated on the ball. Mine fell off and it was my fault for not checking. TRS spring saved my car. Pulled the throttle back just as it was designed to do.

yea, its happened to me before. I would suggest doing the carb flip trick, the thread is somewhere around here in the RCNT forums. Just do a search with the keywords "carb flip". It makes it so the throttle linkage is no longer over the spur gear, and wallah, no problems:)

Last edited:
yea that carb reverse sounds good.. ill try that sometime

If your LSN is on hard to get to , the carb flip is the way to go . I did it with my .15 and will never look back

I was melting spur gears like crazy, before i found that the spring on my clutch shoes came off and made the cb hot enough to melt 2 gears. So i bought a mip clutch kit and RRP spur.

Back