Hobby King Baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what i see its a direct clone / knockoff of the HPI baja and buying one is a matter of personal opinion. Many on this site and others will say to stay away from clones, but a few members have had good luck with them. If price point is the issue for you, look for a used real baja. Most will have a few hop ups installed already and sell for about 500-750 bucks.

The clones tend use less sturdy and expensive materials. Because of this they aren't quite as durable as the real deal. I also recommend getting a used rig if the money is a big deal. I did and have loved every minute of driving my Baja.

Most of the time by the time you bring a clone up to par you spent what you would have for the real deal.If money is a issue i would just wait a little while and get what you realy want.(Clones are cheaper for a reason):D

The clones tend use less sturdy and expensive materials. Because of this they aren't quite as durable as the real deal. I also recommend getting a used rig if the money is a big deal. I did and have loved every minute of driving my Baja.

Hamz is spot on. I just put $200 of hop ups on my Baja, and I'm still not even up to the cost of just the car new. Look on CL, the economy is bad, people are selling their toys cheap.

Thanks guys, I think I will start looking around on craigslist for one.

I have a few used hopped up bajas starting around 900.00 on up..

Most of the time by the time you bring a clone up to par you spent what you would have for the real deal.If money is a issue i would just wait a little while and get what you realy want.(Clones are cheaper for a reason):D

Very good point!

a friend of my has a STOCK KM clone and it is still going strong after 2 yrs, and the only thing that went bad on it was the pullstart.;) and he even won races here with it against MODIFIED BAJAS:p:

and one time in band camp.....

How is it that everyone has a friend that has one yet they don't?

How is it that everyone has a friend that has one yet they don't?

well here is the person with the winning car with a gift certificate to boca bearings. that is a stock KM baja..

brent.gif

So.... stock clone beat a slew of highly modded Bajas? Also stock 23 or 26cc up against reed ported hand built 29-30.5cc and win? Wow to think all the time and money people put in to them was just a waste. I will send an email to Daves Motors and tell him to go ahead and shut down the shop. O'Neil Brothers are too....the end is near.

I don't get it.....If someones has an HPI....clones are junk. If you have a clone, HPI's are overpriced. Myself..I have 2 Km's- A baja and a T1000. The Baja is 100% stock KM and the T1000 is also stock with a Hostile 57t spur. I have 20 acres of what used to be orange grove land (lots of huge whoops) and bash-aka beat- both KM's constantly and have only cracked the rear upper plate by the brake disk on my T1000 once. Maybe i'm just lucky....I dunno.... But so far i'm pretty happy with KM..just my 2 cents. Kelly

Back