Hitec Lynx 3D

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I will be getting a new radio next week - I think I have narrowed it down to the Hitec Lynx 3D. Does anyone own this radio or can they give me any suggestions?

Also, any other radios recommended? I can spend about 200.00

Well for that money you are only gonna be able to get the radio with a synth tx I bet. I had a lynx and sold it to get a JR XS3 take a lookk at it its a great deal and lots of people are switching to them...X

Either it or the jr xs3 would be a good buy..but i would look more at the xs3:banana:

Last edited:
I would recommend the JR XS3. It is the best deal for a synth radio out there. I love mine, it has a great feel and has all the features I need. I bet that this radio will eventually force lynx and others to bring their prices down.

Dont you have to use a special receiver if you have a synth radio? Or will they work with any receiver? I never liked having to keep multiple radios so I just swap out crystas depending on which ride I'm going bashing with.

I've been thinking about getting the JR XS3 myself but didnt want to go through the hassle and expense of changing out all my receivers as well.

You need a synth reciever for it to work. It comes with one. The extras are like $75, so that might be a little pricey.

MS-Synth (sythesised) radios and recievers are crystal-less. You set the channel on the RX and on the TX and you are good to go. The benefit is you have all the channels, and no crystals to change or carry around.

A synth radio can run a reciever that is not synthazised and visa versa

well there you go...I stand corrected. but the beauty of the thing is when the RX and TX are both synth....no cryastals and all the channels.

i have a 3d ...i like it...i also have the xxtra rx and module...no need for crystals.

I run the Lynx 3D with synth everything. It is a nice radio with great flexibility. Programs up to ten models. Has all the extras you desire.

If you want a radio for $200 and can find the Lynx 3D (full synth) then you have an awesome bargain, and I'd get it. BUT more likely than not, you are going to get the straight crystal version of this radio for that money. Still not a bad deal...just have to change crystals to get new frequencies.

The model I have came with a Spectra module and Novak receiver (both synth) and that allows me to free range in the 75Mhz band without changing crystals. Very nice set up.

Both Christian and X traded theirs in for different radios, so they might have some alternatives to suggest (I think X already has...the Junior XS3, another great radio).

Originally posted by mad sceintist
whats synth

Synth is short for synthesized. Instead of being crystal based, the receiver or transmitter are set up like a mini-radio. You can tune both to a particular receive or transmit frequency with the turn of a dial (really small set screw)...a synthesizer.

Gives you the freedom of working the entire frequency band without the need to carry extra crystals. Makes life easy around the track and when bashing in large crowds (neither experience I have yet, but I'm sure those that have will back me on this).

Here's the story on the Spectra Module:
http://www.hitecrcd.com/Accesories/spectra75.htm

And the story on the Novak receiver:
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/receiver/XXTRA/xxtra_new.htm

bought my new Lynx 3D

well it came in at the LHS, and i picked it up today.
Got the crystal version for 179.00 + he threw in 1 extra set of crystals. So not a bad deal. Its charging now, and i have my first race with it this weekend. I will let you know how it went!

wish me luck!

"if Con is the opposite of Pro, then would'nt Congress be the opposite of Progress?"

I would never rain on a mans parade, EVER, but you could have gotten the synth version (no crystals) for the 179. Granted, you would still need an FM rx or a synth RX but for the cost of 7 sets of crystals you can buy a crystaless RX.

Also, I still have my Lynx 3d. I just upgraded to the Futaba 3PK since I could use the Synth module from my Lynx. I would have to venture to say that it is by far the best radio I can find. Just expensive as all hell. I did some work for trade otherwise I wouldnt even have it.

You can get the Synth TX, Module and RX for around 260 or so (This is EVERYTHING!). Hitec sells it as a bundle.

Otherwise, down the road, you can still buy just the synth TX module for the radio and a synth RX. You will like the radio!!!

Back