High Speed Needle, another savage noob question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1500valk

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, I have a Savage 4.6 SS. Is the high speed needle supposed to be so hard to turn? My experience with 5 previous nitro engines says no. But.....several engines had "click" detents, and another, a DTX .18, was pretty easy to move with the screw driver. The k4.6 engine needle it pretty tight, but it does turn. Let me know what you all think.

Some are really tight. Nothing to worry about. If it breaks, hpi will probably warrantee it.

That's good to hear. I really like the older style "clickers", like the 15fe and most airplane engines use. As long as it dumps fuel in a consistant manner, whatever works!

It's not a "clicker", but it feels like it has a very tight o-ring in it. The LSN is the same way. The upside is that it keeps a nice seal in the needles. However, I ended up sealing the backplate, carb throat and HSN assembly because I was having some temp troubles and that seemed to help. Keep an eye on it.

Back