High Revving Revo when braking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpf79

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all, am a newbie to the nitro hobby and have recently purchased a revo. To my knowledge I've followed the instructions re engine break in etc. Seems to be going ok except after full throttle when, slowing, braking it seems to rev fairly high momentarily seems odd. I believe both high speed and low speed needle to be correctly set judging by the smoke levels and pinch test outlined in the instructions. I have also tried adjusting the idle screw but dont seem to be having much luck... Any ideas gratefully received???? Cheers:\

i would post a pic of the idle gap and look at your throttle trim on your controller mine is set past zero i also have a traxxas product once you post a pic of the idle gap whitch is in the carb and you can see when you take off the airfillter
this is prolly no big deal also try resetting the high speed needle if the 3.3 is the same as the 2.5r while the car is not running lean it all the way untill it stops the richen it four full turns and it will be back it factory settings and dont do that while it is running

If your throttle is staying high for a second after a WOT run then you have your high speed needle set too lean. The idle screw hasn't been able to pick up yet so adjusting it will be futile and will get your idle out of whack. Richen the high speed needle 1/8th turn. If it still does it richen another 1/8th turn. Remember that humidity level, barometric pressure and atmospheric temperature changes where your needles need to be set at any given time of the day.

+1 the hsn is lean. If it drops then picks back up to high, your lsn is lean. Assuming your carb gap is set correctly.

+1 the hsn is lean. If it drops then picks back up to high, your lsn is lean. Assuming your carb gap is set correctly.

What he said. First things first set your carb gap and leave it alone. Tweak your HSN until you start getting into second gear. I have found in the hot humid climate I live in that leaning another 1/8 turn once it can shift into 2nd is max tune. Now tweak your LSN til the engine dies after 2 seconds when you pinch to fuel line. Now your set right at optimal tuning. If the ambient temp or humidity changes you will have to tweak a bit.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the input. Ill give that a try and let yas know. thought it seemed a bit weird would run ok then suddenly idle really high to which i would counter with squeezing the throttle trigger.. will look into setting the carb gap? not sure I've done this? thanks again.

Back