High flow air filter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats up guys. I'm looking at a k&n filter for my jato. Has anybody used these type of filters on the engines. Mostly street driving so I'm thinking that it should work great but id was wondering if anyone else has tried this and what is your opinion on them. All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe

They're horrible for a nitro engine, they don't filter the fine dirt/dust. Get a Motorsaver filter and be done with it.....something a Guru such as yourself should know. :D

K&N filters look great on nitro RCs, but they don't filter enough of the fine particles that can damage the engine. The oiled foam filters do filter as needed and that's why they are included with almost every nitro kit I've seen.

Like SchrodeMode said, get a Motorsaver. They're really good filters and flow a lot of air.

Just because I'm a guru doesn't mean I know everything that's why I asked and I've never even considered one until I seen them being used on some cars. But thanks for your input.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Yea they do look cool. There actually crank case filters. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks again

Well at least you can add it to your guru book of knowledge :D

Back