Hi Torque servo suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIRDMAN

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My Savage X 4.6 electrics has the factory radio and servos, that it came with. I'm looking to upgrade the steering servo to a high torque servo. Suggestions..... Reason being I bash a lot in thick grass and like a bit more umph to move the front wheels. As I have upgraded to some wider wheels too. Trencher X's.
Thnx in advance.

Theres quite a few servos on the market to choose from, I like the Hitec servos personally and the Savox servos are pretty popular.
Check out the servo database. It will give you servo torque and speed ratings and costs. It will simplify finding the servo for your needs.
http://www.servodatabase.com/
If you're going to upgrade servos you should also upgrade your AA receiver batteries to a rechargeable receiver battery. Then your getting the full potential from your servos.

well here are the servos i use from hobbyking click me there trackstar servos, i use them in my savage with no issue and there cheap and "water resistant" too although I'm not 100% sure on that part

bare with the hobbyking website it keeps going offline, i have used them quite allot with no issues

they do a 33kg/145g servo for £13 that I'm going to get for my savage steering when i get paid

thnx guys. I'll look those over. prolly opt out of hobbyking as not paying shipping form overseas. and easy pay for $73.00 ? wrong hobby to be in if you can't afford $73.00 in one payment.
I'll see if my local r/c shop carries the Savox SC-1256TG or something just as strong

cheers and thnx guys!

Back