HI, I'm new to this can someone help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig-

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a nitro HPI rush evo, the car starts up fine but wont rev and there is no drive? Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem could be?:(

It starts and will idle? When you pull the trigger nothing changes?
You should NEVER start a nitro car until you know that ALL the linkages and servos are working correctly. If it had started at full throttle you would have blown the engine.
With the engine off, and the air cleaner removed, check the mechanical movement from the servo to the carb.
It won't move forward if the RPMs don't come up.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60832

yes it starts and will idle. when i pull the trigger the arms on the car move so the servo are working right? So I'm confused as to what it can be as thou there may be a broke part?

so the servos r working (did you check to make sure the carb was opening up when u gave it throttle?) , ......its probably a transmission problem, also, have u checked your clutch shoe lately?

Don't touch the transmission. If the engine won't come above idle, the clutch will not engage.
You need to have the carb opening properly before doing anything else.

O, I thought he meant the car was Erving up ut not moving .......well yea check the carb first then trans/clutch shoe

Sounds like the linkage is not connected at the carb if you say it moves when you pull the trigger. If its not connected at the carb it would seem all is fine but actually the carb body isn't moving to throttle up. Simple fix if that's it.

Thanks for the info guys, I've now got the car to rev up but there is still no drive there. guessing its something to do with the transmission then?

most likely......check you spur gear and clutch shoe first.
also sort of a no brainer but your spur gear and clutch bell are lined up correctly right?