Hey, you geeks!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Well, it seems that about once a year I have an issue that drives me nuts. Gather 'round.
A couple of nights ago my Adobe Flash Player just quit instantly without notice. I never had to okay it for a site or have a site ask first, it was just there and it worked. I never gave it a second thought till it quit. I did everything imaginable to make it work. Uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, then did it all again. No help. When I click on a file it tells me I have to install Flash Player to run it. It's installed and tested according to the animation on the Adobe site. On occasion I also get the message in the player window, "config file is not correct". I've again uninstalled Flash Player and set VLC media player as my default. Same thing. I need to install Flash Player and then "config file is not correct." Not the browser. Chrome, Firefox and IE. Same thing on all of them. So, what 'ya got in the way of info?

Last edited:
Well, it seems that about once a year I have an issue that drives me nuts. Gather 'round.
A couple of nights ago my Adobe Flash Player just quit instantly without notice. I never had to okay it for a site or have a site ask first, it was just there and it worked. I never gave it a second thought till it quit. I did everything imaginable to make it work. Uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, then did it all again. No help. When I click on a file it tells me I have to install Flash Player to run it. It's installed and tested according to the animation on the Adobe site. On occasion I also get the message in the player window, "config file is not correct". I've again uninstalled Flash Player and set VLC media player as my default. Same thing. I need to install Flash Player and then "config file is not correct."
I've always been told by barbers that I have really good hair but I'm starting to pull it out. So, what 'ya got in the way of info?
Sorry, I've got no idea :(

In all seriousness Rolex I had the same problem with my laptop and had to download the upgrade several times before it would accept it.

They've been slowly trying to kill off Flash for a while because of security issues. HTML5 is its replacement. The only advice that I have is to uninstall it and reinstall it.

They've been slowly trying to kill off Flash for a while because of security issues. HTML5 is its replacement. The only advice that I have is to uninstall it and reinstall it.
I did that twice, already. Flash itself is working according to the test vid on Adobe's site. Problem is other sites don't see it and if they do they can't play the video due to "config file is not correct" message.
I've tried installing 3 other players that would take it's place, but some sites ONLY tell me I have to install Flash. This is the year that Flash is discontinued, but that's not till December. It quit working suddenly and I can't get anything to take its place.
Is there another program that I missed that will run Flash videos instead of Flash? There must be or otherwise millions of videos will never be seen again after Adobe shuts it down.

Same thing on ALL the browsers. Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge.
@hamz9561, here's the info for Chrome where I first had the problem:

Allow sites to run Flash

1. On your computer, open Chrome
  2. At the top right, click More
    More
    and then
    Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
  5. Click Flash.
  6. At the top, turn off Block sites from running Flash (recommended).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been here, done that a dozen times. The interesting thing is that I don't have what's behind door #4. There is no choice for "Privacy and security".

Last edited:
GO FIGURE!!!
I just decided to give Microsoft Edge a shot since it was the only major browser I'd never used even though it came installed in this computer.
Well, any Flash content that wouldn't run for the last few days now worked on Edge. After closing it I opened Chrome, went to the same site and opened the same clip. It worked. I have absolutely no idea why the problem started or why it is now working.
For all you REAL geeks out there, this was NOT an "I.D. Ten T" error. :cool:

Last edited:
It must have been a PEBKAC error then.

Did you manage to get this working in the end?

GO FIGURE!!!
I just decided to give Microsoft Edge a shot since it was the only major browser I'd never used even though it came installed in this computer.
Well, any Flash content that wouldn't run for the last few days now worked on Edge. After closing it I opened Chrome, went to the same site and opened the same clip. It worked. I have absolutely no idea why the problem started or why it is now working.
For all you REAL geeks out there, this was NOT an "I.D. Ten T" error. :cool:
Yeah, @ninnon. For totally unknown reasons it all worked 2 days later with no explanation of what had gone wrong. Haven't had a problem since.

Back