Hey - TMaxx Tire Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.5 4life

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey I'm new to the forum but i have had a tmaxx 2.5 for about a year now and I'm looking to get new tires for it i want something low profile any suggestions??

proline makes nice tires, 40 series, you'll need new wheels but they are about .75 inches taller and wider and a lower profile. the moabs or big joes are a good off road tread and the road rage is good on road tire.

i like to do on road and off road bashing and a little bit of racing here and there i would like to have a nice all purpose tire that is fairly low profile

Proline trenchers are good all purpose tires. They will wear a little fast on the road but there better than most as far as an all around tire wearing on pavement. There pretty decent off road as well. Maxx is also a pretty decent tire. You will have to have different wheels for these tires.

what about the talon tires that came with the 3.3

I dont like the talons much at all on pavement not much hookup at all.. I run badlands on one of my classic t-maxx's that I have running 2wd and She does pretty good on all sufaces I think.. The stock Maxx tires that come on the new 3.3 tmaxx's are softer and alot better than the talons all the way around I think!!! My .02 hope it helps, and the bonus on the pro-line badlands are that they look pretty sweet on the maxx!! And another good tire is the
S-Maxx Tires (I can't remember the name of them right off the top of my head)
Those work really well on my Big 3.3 T-maxx thats 4wd and has a picco .26maxx on it..