Hey guys, noob in need of help...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkz23

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys just started the account, wanted to make a decent T-Maxx with a $200 Budget lemme know where to start. I have a custom-made dual exhaust and a spectre air filter purchased from autozone for about $25. Thanks for any help you can I'm me on aim at either Cubanruffryder89 or xlJorgeeelx23. Thanks again. :D

I've been looking around on google but can't seem to find any. I'm looking for a body that is a Vw jetta preferrably an older model if anyone has an idea of where i can find one plz let me know. Thanks again.

Hey guys just started the account, wanted to make a decent T-Maxx with a $200 Budget lemme know where to start. I have a custom-made dual exhaust and a spectre air filter purchased from autozone for about $25. Thanks for any help you can I'm me on aim at either Cubanruffryder89 or xlJorgeeelx23. Thanks again. :D

I've been looking around on google but can't seem to find any. I'm looking for a body that is a Vw jetta preferrably an older model if anyone has an idea of where i can find one plz let me know. Thanks again.

The TMaxx isn't my forte but there are lots of guys on here that can give you some good ideas! Do you have a roller chassis already or do you need to start form scratch?

I'm not sure what you mean but if you mean if it's running or not yes it is and also has a roll cage but that doesn't really matter. As a matter of fact it actually runs pretty healthy compared to other users' tmaxx as I've read on posts. It runs really clean and never dies out.

Well tell us what exactly your wanting your 200 bucks to do? I mean there are a few mods you could do for better handling, power, my favorite suspension :D. Let us know and we will gladly steer you in the right direction.

Ditch the dual exhaust and the air filter if it's what I think it is. Other than that we need the info as stated by Maxx4life.

well all i'm really trying to do is make it a fun car and the reason for the street tires are cuz i wanna be able to use it on the street and to use on my ramps and local skateparks but my stock tires are pretty ripped up and as for the air filter and dual exhaust i wouldnt really see how that would affect me as the car runs alot stronger with them and now wheelies on command but not anyomre due to lack of grip now it spins before actually catching traction :D

well all i'm really trying to do is make it a fun car and the reason for the street tires are cuz i wanna be able to use it on the street and to use on my ramps and local skateparks but my stock tires are pretty ripped up and as for the air filter and dual exhaust i wouldnt really see how that would affect me as the car runs alot stronger with them and now wheelies on command but not anyomre due to lack of grip now it spins before actually catching traction :D

Pretty much anyone with experience in nitro RC's will tell you the same thing: a decent tuned pipe will give you way more power than you think your dual exhaust is giving you, and in fact will make your engine last longer.

You'll also want to ditch the autozone filter in favor of a nice Motor Saver foam filter. MS filters boost performance and keep more dirt out than pretty much any other filter.

As for on-road tires, you'll want a set of Proline Road Rages and some nice 40 series rims (click here for some bling if you want it).

You'll also want to set up your suspension for on-road running by moving the shocks all the way out on the lower a-arm mounting holes. If you want some shock upgrades, you'll like the Traxxas Big Bore shock kit for the Maxx.

If you want a stupid fast truck, you'll also need a new engine since Traxxas engines just don't cut it. Lots of people like the OS .21tm, and there's also the RB .23 for the maxx.

One last thing. If your maxx is the 2.5, you'll want to upgrade to the 3.3 transmission.

Hope this helps :D

will keeping dirt out really be a problem as I'm gonna be on road ? and its a filter designed for RC cars from spectre which is a decent air filter manufacturer for cars

will keeping dirt out really be a problem as I'm gonna be on road ? and its a filter designed for RC cars from spectre which is a decent air filter manufacturer for cars

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS run an oiled foam filter. Paper filters let in way too much dust, even onroad. Motor Saver is the best out there. You'll probably get an extra 2 gallons out of an engine with it versus even a good paper filter.

You'll want some aluminum bulkheads (don't get Integy) and some metal driveshafts. I'd recommend the Traxxas ones simply because they come with rubber boots for the joints. You might also want the new sealed diffs from the new 4908 for that extra traction onroad (you can put diff oils in em). Some aluminum shock towers are recommended for hard bashing, as well as RPM arms.

Can't think of anything else really.

UpGrades

Yet to mention you might want to place some Buggy Springs with a stiffer spring rate to absorb those BIG jumps. Team LOSI makes some good ones. i think their light blue i think it's part number 5956. also the white kyosho springs are good. If you are not going to change the shocks upgrade the oil to a
45-60wt. RPM products are the shyt.