Hey folks..... just got here - please go easy on me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donny

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'll make this as short as possible........... I realise you may have better things to do than to listen to a newbie......lol. Anyhow, I just got a Revo3.3 from ebay.......... it's in a local shop just being given the once over........ although it didn't wanna shift into 2nd gear???? Dont know why........ My goal with this truck/hobby is to learn as problems arise and hopefully the guy at the rc shop will be understanding/helpful as well............. he seems to be ok so far........... though I may not know all I need to right now, I am able to follow along with what he has told me. I don't really plan on racing my truck at the tracks, I will just be a backyard basher. Would anyone recommend any (reasonable) mods for this truck or is it great just plain stock. Also if anyone is near NC (Asheville area), I would really like to maybe meet-up and gather some pointers and really learn about this truck............. the dos and dont's of it. I have a great big yard to run these things. Thanks alot & I'll try not to drive anyone nuts.

I am from fayetteville NC. I run at a local track in holly springs http://www.capefearrcraceway.com/
You can find me out there on the weekends. Wont be running my revo but I am more than happy to help you get a better understanding of how your revo works on you, and how you work on it. As to your second gear problem the first thing you should start with is your Tune. If your Tune is not correct and the High Speed Needle is set too rich then you will never hit 2nd gear. Also as far as what to upgrade on the truck? I will tell you this. The Revo is very very durable. i would suggest ditching the stock talon tires and wheels and getting you a good set of 1/2" offset rims and tires. Any way i can help just ask or shoot me a PM.

If your going to be a basher then RPM a-arms would be a start.Get a croud pleaser body instead of a truck body it will protect your motor better.

the revo is a pretty solid rig as it is. i would enjoy it, then if you break something let us know and we can lead you to the best upgrade.

congrats on the new rig, and welcome to the addiction.

Raleigh, NC here. Definitely check the link that lifted posted. GREAT track ;-) I own a Revo 3.3 as well. The shift issue, check your tune, and you can adjust the shift point as well if need be, but like Lifted said if your tune is off it just won't shift.

welcome to the brotherhood of the revo, lol. . .and they are very durable just check out some of the vids on you tube and that will say it all, but as far as worthwile upgrades, i would say rpm a-arms, traxxas wing and wingmount for starters, and then once stuff starts breaking (and it will) you can upgrade to better more reliable parts from there, and if your 3.3 ever pops then you can open up a whole new can of worms to your rig but thats down the road, but as i said before just bash and have a good time with it and you will be happy. *BaShErS_4_LiFe*
:bowtothercnt:

yea changing the arms would help

Last edited:
Back