hey can anyone help me plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king_woody

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey i got a question i got a savage with a picco .28 which i just got, i broke in the motor alread and i am having problems with the rpm because when it gets on the ground the truck likes moving by its self and the other problem is that when i get on it the truck does not want to shift back into first after i let off the gas its like the rpms are not letting it down shift

Have you tried to adjust the idle? If the idle is already set low and it's idling high.....check your LSN...it may be too lean.

we set the needles to factor and havent messed with it yet could it be the glow plug at all because i am using a mccoy #9 plug and would the linkage have any problem because i change the motor without changing anything else but i did put a new slipper clutch and all the parts that go with it

If your linkage is off, then yes it could be pulling your carb openn. Remove your air filter and look inside the carb. There should be a 1-2mm gap between your carb slide and the carb body. Make sure you turn on your radio and watch the slide while you pull the throttle as well as apply the brakes.

You may want to run a throttle return spring as well, but get that idle gap adjusted and go from there.

thanks alot i will keep u up dated to see how it goes and if i have anymore more questions i will put them up

we got it to run and go back into gear now after i get on it but now we can't keep it running when i get on the gas it just does and the master needle on the ofna picco .28 is so hard to turn its like i am forcing to turn it

now we are having problems that the transmisson is making the truck jump to get back into first gear like is just rams back into it and it does not like shifting into 2nd gear it dogs out before it can shift

Back