Here is a short crap video showing my tune

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liftedcj7on44s

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well here you go guys. You wont be able to see the smoke trail but its there.
But from what i can tell the tune is dead on i just need to lean the LSN out just a hair

O before you ask at the end it says that slide made possible by some awesome 1/2" offsets.
The camera Girl didnt do a great job but o well. I'm gonna get some more vids of it from a dead stop and the launching. But its running great.

Last edited by a moderator:
only thing i think i am going to do is richen the HSN by 1 hour and call it a day. But i personally think this is the way it should run and sound.

Sounds good to me. Shifts pretty quick too. hehehe

yep but notice when it shift it whines first out pretty good.

Here ya go Moto. Can you believe this setup works great on the track? I absolutely love it. it handles so great.
Picture061.jpg

I haven't really even set mine up as of yet, but here is mine with my race body. I don't run these wheels either. I have a set of yellow rims for race day. These just looked cooler for pics. hehe

P4099683.jpg

and here is the new body I bought, but refuse to mount until I spend more time on my wheels and less on my lid ;-)

P4099682.jpg

looks great moto. Lower that thing on down you will be amazed at how it handles.

It actually handles pretty well now believe it or not. In the pic the suspension is all the way up and not in it's "settled" position which is a bit lower...but not like yours. hehe You made a low rider!

Its more along the lines of a truggy. And to tell you the truth it handles just as good as one.
i can hit the pavement and turn a hell of alot faster than you can with the stock setup.

Knobbies were made for dirt my friend ;-) I bought a Truggy so I could keep the Revo setup like a MT. hehe

yeah i know i try to stay off the pavement i just wanted to see what it would do on the pavement. But the few laps i did complete at fuquay i never had an issue running this low. As long as i hit the jumps right and got the timing right when i landed it never bottomed out extremely hard either. My spring and shock setup seems to be working ok and the swaybar kit help stiffen it up a little as well. only problem i have is getting the jumps right. But i tend to say its my fault for not giving the right throttle on take off. On the big BMT army dave did i was almost doing backflips off of it. And some of the jumps i was going nose over but farther in the day i was getting sorta used to what to do and how to blip the throttle. I do have one issue that bothers me. When my brakes are cold they do not work. After maybe 10 really hard stops then the brake start to work great. SO at the beginning of the race if i jump wrong and need to use the brake to correct it does no good but after a while the brakes start to come in.

That big ass double before the front straight is HUUUGE. lol I haven't cleared it yet mostly due to my suspension setup I fear. I get that on-power steer crap going on where if I go wide open and try to turn it barely turns. So I need to get that resolved one of these days. I have to take the turn before it wide and square it up to get a good drive....and have yet gotten the hang of lining it up straight while being blind to the face. lol I have nailed both triples a few times in my buggy though, just not reliably. I'm forced to double both of them with the Revo though. Either not enough sack, or too much wheelspin to get up to speed to clear the triples. I come close on both....but not close enough.

That Revo soaks up EVERYTHING on that track pretty well though.

They are starting some Wed night racing as well if you can get up this way. Starting at 5PM...run what ya brung kind of races. 2-3 laps a piece...heads up with someone else. $2 for guests to race...free for members. You're welcome to come out as my guest any time man! I won't be there until 6PM-ish though. I'm 30 min away or so at work...and with traffic usually takes me an extra 15-30 to get to the track from work. No set times or anything....just signup when ya get there and find a guy/gal to race against. Should be fun. First week they are trying it is this week.

i dont get off of work til 6pm. Then it takes me roughly an hour to get there.
I have 2 gripes about that track though.
1st--during practice they play loud music and it distracts me very badly.
2nd--The BMT and the big double before the front straight are both blind due to the place you are at controlling. A few times i hit the BMT and went off the track because you can't see if you are straight or not.

You learn the placement though the more laps you tick off. It's actually not too bad once you get the hang of it. The only one that still messes me up is that huge double. Mostly because I have yet to clear it so I'm always nervous about not making it and wrecking my rig. lol I have cased it god knows how many times though. The rest of the track is pretty clear from the driver's stand though.

Last race there was no music. Maybe a new thing to relax everyone. Who knows. I like music when I concentrate...so I'd be fine with it...but I could see how others may not like it.

I have pretty much had it with this thing. i got new Boca Greens for the clutch bell. Bought 2 sets so i would have backups. At the end of this night my throttle servo died again. This is the 4th one in a month. I've pretty much spent all i can spend on the truck this week. In 3 days I've spent a hundred bucks on it.

the decision has been made, the revo will not be running in my hand ever again. I am getting a Associated SC8.

That sucks man. You can sell me that Revo for $50 :p If you need some help with it...I'd be happy to take a look at it. What servo did you have in there for the throttle? The stock 2055? If so...I keep hearing horror stories about them. They just die spontaneously. I have 2 spares sitting in my toolbox, but if mine dies I'll replace it with a JR or HiTec.

one of the wires came loose on my servo. all i had to do was solder it back on. but thats the only problems i have had with it

I took the servo apart and a capacitor broke off the board, I soldered it back on but the servo was still being retarded. Really really jerky and when you let off the throttle it would automatically apply the brakes for you. It was the stock 2055.

Back