help with tuning this engine (vid)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxersixxerman

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
here is a video of my revo... everytime i seem to get close it seems to turn around... was running great then all the sudden just flamed out, my cheap temp guage read 280 and water boiled right up when i dropped a drop in there, i richen it and then it hardly wanted to shift gears and stutters bad here is a vid

sorry bout the quality and stuff i had to zip tie the camera to the radio lol and i didnt shut it off it just dies

Last edited by a moderator:
Richen the HSN 1/8th of a turn and i think it should be good to go. If that doesn't work then richen the LSN.

The idle stalling isn't so much a tuning issue as low idle speed... It even sounds low in the video. Just increase the idle a bit with the set screw on the carb.

The slipper sounds a little loose; tightening that up will both give you better take off and bring the temps down a bit (less revving).

Other than that it sounds good, and looks to be running ok. 228 is a great temp to be running at. Not quite sure where the 280 came from, but it might be a loose gas cap. The LSN might be a tad lean; 1/16th turn ought to fix it.

The idle stalling isn't so much a tuning issue as low idle speed... It even sounds low in the video. Just increase the idle a bit with the set screw on the carb.

The slipper sounds a little loose; tightening that up will both give you better take off and bring the temps down a bit (less revving).

Other than that it sounds good, and looks to be running ok. 228 is a great temp to be running at. Not quite sure where the 280 came from, but it might be a loose gas cap. The LSN might be a tad lean; 1/16th turn ought to fix it.

i was suprised to see 228 to it was running around 280+ till i richened it a bit but now it seems to bog.. and i really thought that idle was high.. maybe i dont know my two strokes

Back