Help spewing fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codybisme

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm having a really hard getting started and this is my first RC car. Its a nitro buggy .21 but I can't get it started and when I pull the cord it spews fuel out of the engine area. Please help!!!

out of the engine or the exhaust? if its your exhuast, your to rich, Turn your HSN clockwise in small incramints.

It seems to be coming from the engine. Its not the exhaust for sure. I've tried to make a few adjustments but I don't know if its doing any good yet. I have to wait to try any more cause my dad wants to be with me before I try anymore. Have you heard of Himoto Racing? They seem to be willing to do whatever they need to make things right.

It seems to be coming from the engine. Its not the exhaust for sure. I've tried to make a few adjustments but I don't know if its doing any good yet. I have to wait to try any more cause my dad wants to be with me before I try anymore. Have you heard of Himoto Racing? They seem to be willing to do whatever they need to make things right.

If it's coming out of the engine case, exhaust pipe gasket, or carb then you have a huge air leak problem. Also check your fuel tubing to make sure it's not the source of the problem.

Eddie at Himoto is a great guy and they go above and beyond with their customer service. I don't own one but have heard nothing but good things about Himoto's customer care.

seal your backplate, seal your carb and make sure the head is tight. if this doesn't work then you need to seal everything. Exhaust, LSN,HSN ect. If you can start the mil then let it run and take soapy water with a small paint brush and brush the water onto the mil and look for leaks.