Help Rigging 3 Position Toggle Switch To My Wraith.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have this posted on my build on my Wraith, but figure I would throw it on here for those not interested in hitting up my build thread.

I am trying to take a 3 position toggle switch, and make it so on pos. 1 its on, pos 2, is off, and pos 3 is on with lights running.

This is my best pic of what going on, the wires coming in from the top are the +/- light wires that would regularly plug into the rx box itself, the bottom wires are from my on/off line from the esc. The red wire coming off the switch not connected to anything was me testing to see if I needed to run both +/- lines from the esc to the light side of the switch itself, any help would be great so I can go crawling tonight and or tomorrow.
P1070017.jpg

I beleive you would have to have the esc connected to both on positions so it will be on in 2 positions if you think about it... because you want it connected to the spot for just the esc. and then you want it connected with the lights to the other position for both..

I tried making it like you said and it still didnt fire the lights up but the esc would fire up.. My head hurts from all this electric confusion!

thats messed up you sure you had the neg. for the lights hooked in the right spot or tight enough??? you would think that would be how it would work... not trying to contodict you at all just trying to think of what could be happening.

Okay, the + line from the esc I hooked to one tab in the center, then bridged it over to the other tab in the center making both center tabs + for the esc, I then connected the - from the esc to the OPPOSITE site the switch was flipped on and it worked on both tabs on each side depending on what direction the switch was on. As far as whats next, no idea haha

--------| Switch is pointing up
Pos----|
Neg----|

Neg--|
Pos--|
-----| Switch facing down

If that makes any sense on my crappy diagram:hehe:

Last edited:
Okay, both center tabs of the toggle were + from the esc, the + from the lights and - from the esc to one end, and the - from the lights to the other end, works great but got it mounted back in before I thought of pics....

Back