Help nitro won't srart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
How come my nitro won't start I've put everything back to factory settings and it will only start if I put a little fuel in the carb

Is fuel reaching the carb?

May need to tune slightly from factory settings so your idles etc are good, or check your fule lines are clean, have you got a fule filter on? could also be the glow plug maybe try changing that? My Nitro needs slightly adjusting each time I run it depending on weather etc

If you at factory setting and no start, is the air filter flooded?

Is the idle gap correct and the throttle servo working?

Try a new glow plug. Even if it is new, it may have a broken wire. If a new plug doesn't work, put it in a bag.

What ignition source are you using?

I'm assuming this is an AE mgt in your avatar?

Is fuel reaching the carb?
Got it started but now now I can't get it tuned. It will run but not very good and it will idle fine and then rev high like when it runs out of fuel. I can give it throttle and it comes down but does it again in a few seconds.
I'm confused

Got it started but now now I can't get it tuned. It will run but not very good and it will idle fine and then rev high like when it runs out of fuel. I can give it throttle and it comes down but does it again in a few seconds.
I'm confused

It is probably an air leak ,could be bad o-rings on the needles ,carb. ,or plugged fuel filter inside the tank as old fuel
will become like sticky like molasses ,or a bad tank seal causing loss of tank pressure!

You should check all of those before you automatically blame the tune an start messing with the needles ,all you
did was put the needles back to factory ,now you have to retune from scratch after you isolate & fix the problem!..😎

If you at factory setting and no start, is the air filter flooded?

Is the idle gap correct and the throttle servo working?

Try a new glow plug. Even if it is new, it may have a broken wire. If a new plug doesn't work, put it in a bag.

What ignition source are you using?

I'm assuming this is an AE mgt in your avatar?
I'm very new at this, and it's a mgt4.60. it was running great and then the clutch came apart and thrashed the spur gear. After 3 weeks got the new clutch set up and now it runs bad
It is probably an air leak ,could be bad o-rings on the needles ,carb. ,or plugged fuel filter inside the tank as old fuel
will become like sticky like molasses ,or a bad tank seal causing loss of tank pressure!

You should check all of those before you automatically blame the tune an start messing with the needles ,all you
did was put the needles back to factory ,now you have to retune from scratch after you isolate & fix the problem!..😎
That's what I was kinda thinking air leak somewhere or possibly the fuel tank seal. Thanks for the input

I'm very new at this, and it's a mgt4.60. it was running great and then the clutch came apart and thrashed the spur gear. After 3 weeks got the new clutch set up and now it runs bad

That's what I was kinda thinking air leak somewhere or possibly the fuel tank seal. Thanks for the input

The AE 460 was always a descent reliable engine for me an easy to tune ,however ,the fuel tank had multiple spots
that was prone to air leaks ,the nipple grommet ,lid seal an the primer bulb,also it has the internal fuel filter that can
plug up or get dirty enough to restrict the flow of fuel ,also ,make sure that the fuel that goes in the muffler isnt
bottomed out in the pipe plugging off the pressure to the fuel tank , I always cut the tip in a angle so it doesn't plug
up in the muffler!..👍😎