Help needed - Traxxas Ken Block Fiesta (Brushed)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatTomGuy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, you'll have to bear with me because I am a complete novice with RC cars.

I've had my KB Traxxas Fiesta for around 7 years now. However it was sat on a shelf for probably 2 years not being used. When I've come to use it the steering is not working at all.

The wheels seem locked. If I try and turn them with my hand they are pretty much stuck in place whereas before I'm sure I was able to move them with a bit of force.

As well as that, when I try and turn them using the controller there's no noise where before there was (I believe the noise is from the servo but I maybe wrong).

I have nobody locally that I can take it to have a look at so I'm hoping someone on here can help. It may be a very easy fix but as I said at the start, I'm a total novice.

I've attached some photos of the car. Hope someone can help!

20210104_204557.jpg

20210104_204551.jpg

If you have power and the throttle works remove the steering servo and servo saver. Inspect it You may have to open up the servo case and play around with it some. Remove the servo gears and try and turn the out put gear back and forth to see if the motor starts working. If it doesn't then the servo may be bad. Check the steering channel with another servo to make sure receiver works.

If you have power and the throttle works remove the steering servo and servo saver. Inspect it You may have to open up the servo case and play around with it some. Remove the servo gears and try and turn the out put gear back and forth to see if the motor starts working. If it doesn't then the servo may be bad. Check the steering channel with another servo to make sure receiver works.
Yeah there's power and the throttle works fine. I'll have a look at the steering servo :) thank you very much

pull servo saver and remove it..no remove front tires and check all steering components and oil them see if servo is bad

Back