Help Indentifying Unknown Make of 4WD Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildstringer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have recent come across what i believe to be an excellent deal. a guy i work with needed some extra money, much like myself when i had to sell my old nittro stuff. I got a Nittro T-max II ready to go. i got another that could be fixed up or used for parts. i don't know how much of the truck is factory and how much has been added. the parts truck had the 1.5 that i had on my Rustler, don't know yet if it runs. the running T-Max has a 2.5 with electric start. i started it briefly, carb needs tuned and a new body other that seems in good shape. Now for the reason of this post. Now understand this has all happened within the past few hours. I haven't talked to the guy after unpacking all the goodies and checking everything out. he said the Buggy i got was a Traxxas. traxxas usually uses its brand servos and such, yes it could have been changed but for some reason i don't think this buggy is a Traxxas. i can't find any numbers or names on the main pieces. it has a 3.5 engine that says Torq on it. pull start. the muffler has the part# EFRA-9903. now i see this muffler is on multiple units and may or may not be original. its a 4wd buggy with a wing. it has a anodized blue main body and the same for the shock towers. also the same for the piece that runs above the transfer case, and drive shafts. twin drive shaft brakes. also it has very large axle nuts that hold on the wheels. probably 11/16 or 3/4 nuts. I'm used to seeing the smaller nuts you used the 4 way wrench for. if anyone has any iseas what make and or model this is Please Help. or if i can provide any other helpful info let me know. i am going to make a much needed trip to my local RC shop, but in the mean time I appreciate any assistance.

Traxxas never made a 4x4 nitro buggy that I know of. I think the guy is mistaken. If you posted a picture it would help a ton. A lot of companies use blue anno so that does not help a ton.

my guess is some kind of ofna. post up a pic if u can and we should be able to help you.

I found out through some online searching. it is a Duramax Axis. now the next problem is parts. i found the front diff housing, they're calling it a bulkhead. i think i will fabricate the aluminum front shock tower. the RF lower control arm pin i can probably fab also. i need to find a Rf lower control arm and a fuel tank. the guy at hobbytown didnt think the car was worth putting back together. do you think he was just tryingto sell me a new car or is the Axis a waste.

I found out through some online searching. it is a Duramax Axis. now the next problem is parts. i found the front diff housing, they're calling it a bulkhead. i think i will fabricate the aluminum front shock tower. the RF lower control arm pin i can probably fab also. i need to find a Rf lower control arm and a fuel tank. the guy at hobbytown didnt think the car was worth putting back together. do you think he was just tryingto sell me a new car or is the Axis a waste.

I think you may mean a Duratrax Axis. Here's a link to the manual: http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxc0070-manual.pdf

Don't know much about this specific buggy, but Duratrax is a solid manufacturer. Not known as the top-end, but much better than some of the junk being peddled out there.

I do know it's a relatively older buggy, so parts may be a bit hard to come by. May want to run a search on eBay, bet you can find some there.

Tower Hobbies does carry some LIMITED parts for it as well.

LOL Yeah Duratrax. i keep typing duramax. couldnt understand why i was getting alot of chevy websites at first lmao. i just bought the diff housing and upper arms. just getting ready to start fabbing the new shock tower. Tower hobbies has alot of parts.... course most of them are discontinued