Help I'm Confuzed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomabbott92

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I hate to say it but i live in the one and only En
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi guys
I've bought the AX10 and am now looking at puting a Hpi Jepp Shell on it as well as a winch that i havefound on Scale off road but ran into a problem when the shell arrived with me that is there is a winch molded into the shell and i dont know what to do about it. Also that i have know where to fit the real one to as i dont know if the winch bumper will fit onto the AX10.
Thanks
Tom

any pics of the winch?

Well what you will want to do is trim the body so that you remove whatever is in the way. For the winch, you're going to have to figure out how to fab up a bumper or just a mounting plate that the winch will fit on. If you don't want to fab up the parts, you might be able to find something already made that you can just modify to work with your application, or have someone fab something up for you. You can probably find a lot of good information on the scaler websites, I like www.scale4x4.org. You might could ask this same question on there and someone might already have worked out the best way to go about it.

I found a picture of a front bumper that a guy fabbed up with a winch on it for his scaler.

front2.jpg

You can email him and ask his opinions, or get the dimensions and then measure the body, and see how it will fit. Then you'll have to make a little bracket or somthing to mount it to the truck. I keep waiting on NCNitro to chime in, he knows way more about scalers than I do, and he's got an AX-10 and you can believe he's looking at how to put tube bumpers on it, with his welding skills. Hell, he might even build a bumper for you that will bolt to the front servo mount or something.

Back